Bad Neighbours (movie)
  • My co-workers and I decided that we should probably go see a movie for the two for one special a local theatre was having
  • I thought that Dave Franco’s character was a riot with his penis trick, and to be honest, I had no idea that Rose Byrne could do any form of comedy since I’m used to seeing her in more serious films

• by Redtape

My co-workers and I decided that we should probably go see a movie for the two for one special a local theatre was having. Two of us wanted to see the new Spiderman movie and the other two wanted to go and see one of those random chick flicks I would never want to waste my money on which starred Cameron Diaz. Unbelievably lucky for me, the chick flick was sold out, but to my utter disappointment, me and the other person would have to pay extra to see the new Spiderman since it was in 3D. We all settled on seeing a movie that I had a very bad feeling about called “Bad Neighbours”. I didn’t know much about it, and my only consolation waiting for

it to begin was that if it was bad, the person who chose it would suffer with me. To my surprise though, while the movie wasn’t great, it didn’t turn out to be too bad either.

Starring the actors Seth Rogen, Zack Effron and Rose Byrne; the movie Bad Neighbours is about a couple trying to get rid of a very loud fraternity house that has moved in across the road from them. When it starts, we are introduced to the couple, Kelly and Mac Radner who have just had a child and are trying to put the pieces of their sex and social life back together. When the fraternity moves in beside them, they try to appear “trendy and cool” and ask them to keep the

music down before attending one of their parties. They seem to get along okay with its members, but everything is shattered one night when the members have a party and the couple have no choice but to call the police on them. This starts a sort of war between the two houses where the couple are trying to get the frat boys to move out, and the frat boys are trying to get on the nerves of their new neighbours.

The movie was one of those comedies that made me laugh a lot in the theatre, but I’m not sure if I would laugh as much seeing it on television. Sometimes, the theatre environment tends to make movies a little more enjoyable than they actually are. The jokes ...

• Bad Neighbours (movie)
      were mostly the shocking and dirty sort that revolved mostly around sex and genitalia. In one scene the frat boys make casts of their penises to sell as dildos to the women in the neighbourhood so they can raise money to pay for the water damage in their basement. In another scene, Kelly Rader’s breasts become so full with milk that her husband has to milk her. Therefore, if you’re one of those persons who doesn’t feel comfortable around dirty jokes it might not be in your best interest to see it. This also goes for people who wonder if they can carry their children to see it.

The actors in it weren’t bad either. I thought that Dave Franco’s character was a riot with his penis

trick, and to be honest, I had no idea that Rose Byrne could do any form of comedy since I’m used to seeing her in more serious films. It was a little strange seeing Seth Rogen playing the part of a suburban father, but I thought that he was as hilarious as he usually is.

The only thing that I didn’t really like about this movie was the ending, which I thought was more than a little rushed. The resolution to the conflict in the plot left me feeling more than a little dissatisfied, and I could hear other people in the theatre saying “That’s it?”

I would definitely recommend the movie “Bad Neighbours” to people who like comedies. I didn’t think it was great, but others seemed to think otherwise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120051631200231/k2311a0520/5.20.14