Blythe Danner (actress)
  • I’m really not sure if it’s her hair, her poise or her features, but one thing that definitely made me believe she was Gwyneth’s mother was that they both seem to share an air of elegance and class about them
  • A little known fact about Blythe Danner is that she was also the English version’s voice actor who played Madame Suliman in “Howl’s Moving Castle”, one of my all time favourite animated movies
  • That made me view her in a new light since I thought that she did a spectacular job with doing the voice over for that character
  • Most people I guess would not be willing to cast her in something such as that because of her age, but I believe that were she to receive that opportunity and take it, she might actually impress a lot of people

• by Redtape

A couple years ago I was shocked to find out that the actress Blythe Danner was Gwyneth Paltrow’s mother. At the time I didn’t even really know who Blythe Danner was, but I had known the actress face and recognised her from more than a few movies. The fact that she was Gwyneth’s mother was somewhat of a surprise to me to because when I was comparing the actresses, I felt that they neither looked very much alike nor seemed to be similar when it came to personalities.

With a name like Blythe, which I guess is an unusual name, I figured that the was probably either not American by birth or had parents who had

migrated to the United States before she was born. However, it turned out that I was wrong. She was actually born in Pennsylvania to a family that appeared as if they had lived there for some time. What caught my attention though since I’m from the Caribbean was that I read the Wikipedia article about her and it mentioned that one of her ancestors was a white Barbadian.

I don’t remember when I actually saw Blythe in a movie for the first time. However, I do remember thinking that she was a very pretty older woman. I’m really not sure if it’s her hair, her poise or her features, but one thing that definitely made me believe

she was Gwyneth’s mother was that they both seem to share an air of elegance and class about them. Her characters always seem to be slightly reserved as well, and I feel that it gives both her and her characters an air mystery too, which in turn makes her more appear beautiful.

Blythe seems to play a lot of small parts too, so I can’t ever really say whether or not she has a lot of talent or she doesn’t. For example, when she played the role of Dina Byrnes in “Meet the Parents” she didn’t seem to talk a lot or make a huge impression unlike Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller or even Owen Wilson’s characters.

• Blythe Danner (actress)
      However, some people thought that she did because I later found out that she was apparently nominated for an award for that role.

A little known fact about Blythe Danner is that she was also the English version’s voice actor who played Madame Suliman in “Howl’s Moving Castle”, one of my all time favourite animated movies. That made me view her in a new light since I thought that she did a spectacular job with doing the voice over for that character. She fit so perfectly that I believe Blythe was one of the reasons why Madame Suliman became one of my favourite characters in the movie. What is even better is that I can most definitely see Blythe Danner playing that role were it to become a live action movie.

Playing smaller roles in movies might be a personal choice for Danner, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m not still curious about what things would be like were she to appear in a much more serious and weighty role as a lead actress. Most people I guess would not be willing to cast her in something such as that because of her age, but I believe that were she to receive that opportunity and take it, she might actually impress a lot of people. Her name might not be popular, but I believe that Gwyneth had to get her acting talent from somewhere.

next in digest
Zainab says :

re : I’m really not sure if it’s her hair, her poise or her features, but one thing that definitely made me believe she was Gwyneth’s mother was that they both seem to share an air of elegance and class about them
True, and excellent acting skills.

Josephine Mussett says :

Fat hair O calories, is fantastic for girls with fine hair the best I have tried. But because of brex it the manufacturer will only deal with America,well that’s what super drug has told me.

Penny says :

Blythe Danner is just a great actress who is so under rated it’s a shame. In the movies I have seen her in (Butter flies are free,prince of tides,To wong fo and many more) she is very down to earth. One of my favorite movies of her’s has to be Meet the Parents in 2000 and the three that followed which were very funny movies that I just loved. These were such funny movies and she did an outstanding job as the mom Her easy charm and grace makes for a very warm performance and she’s believable in her roles. I’m looking forward to watching more of her films as they come out. (she has 3 already for 2018) Yes Bylthe is the mother of Gwyneth Paltrow, that’s a cool fact that unless you knew that or looked it up you’d never know. Gwyneth is so very lucky to have her as a role model and mentor not many people have that.(Well unless your in hollywood that is). While Gwyneth had her mother to look up to Blythe made her own way and followed her dreams.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5212051630651031/k2311a0512/5.12.14