FVZA: Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency 1 of 3, Comicbook  » Books  »
  • For the most part I have enjoyed everything Radical has put out and FVZA is just like the rest
  • This issue actually kept me glued to all of the pages
  • To me the best part of this issue has to be the dialogue between the characters
  • Some of my favorite pages are the bodies burning from World War II and the vampire sequence in modern times

• by Sami Oughanem

Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency? That is the name of the miniseries from Radical Publishing, a comic book company that I trust more than the big two right now. For the most part I have enjoyed everything Radical has put out and FVZA is just like the rest. A good story with artwork that will blow you away!

Throughout history the FVZA has protected humanity from vampires and zombies. From the early ages of the Civil War, the Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency has discovered the evil in the world and has taken care

of it. With ways of curing those who were infected the FVZA disbanded but it looks like the times are changing and the FVZA is called back into duty.

For the most part David Hine has created a story that I (at least) have found to be original. I’ve read online “hate” toward the comic but in my mind who cares. I’m being blunt, who cares. This issue actually kept me glued to all of the pages; something the Deadpool series usually does (one Marvel series that is actually worthwhile still).

To me the best part of this issue has to be the dialogue between the characters. From the start of the issue you get this vibe that what you are reading, prior to the opening sequence, is not what it seems. When a story starts off from the end and then goes to the very beginning you can easily screw it up. Hine makes it awesome…yeah awesome! It is just so entertaining, reading this issue. I am at a loss of words.

The way the zombies come back into modern times is great, especially how it is ...

• FVZA: Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency 1 of 3, Comicbook
      illustrated. Think of a Hollywood movie in a comic book form when it comes to the story here. Written that well and it looks that good. On the vampire side it didn’t strike me as much. That might be since vampires in general are ruined to me due to the Twilight franchise.

I am not quite familiar with Roy Allan Martinez’s work or I can’t remember his past/recent work but I do know that his artwork in FVZA #1 is stunning. Each and every panel is perfect. Characters are detailed and the backgrounds are

lifelike. Some of my favorite pages are the bodies burning from World War II and the vampire sequence in modern times. Martinez brings David Hine’s story to life in a way I could not have imagined.

FVZA #1 gives me a reason to read a comic book with both zombies and vampires. David Hine has given me another reason to love Radical Publishing that much more. The first issue will have your eyes glued and the artwork will have your jaw dislocated over the amazement. This is another miniseries that you need to read immediately.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1712051630601031/k2311a0512/5.12.14