C.O. Bigelow’s Rose Salve  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is why I have spent a good portion of my online time researching the best and cheapest solution to this chronic problem
  • Most of the time, best and cheap don't always come together in the same package, but through my epic research skills, I think I've finally found the perfect solution

• by Lady Sanzenin

One of every girl’s dilemmas in life is chapped lips. When it’s too hot, they chap. When it’s too cold, they chap. There’s almost no escape to chapped lips. This is why I have spent a good portion of my online time researching the best and cheapest solution to this chronic problem. Most of the time, best and cheap don’t always come together in the same package, but through my epic research skills, I think I’ve finally found the perfect solution.

C.O. Bigelow’s Rose Salve isn’t your average lipgloss/lipshiner or whatsoever. In fact, it isn’t even one. Instead, it is as its name states–

a salve. You can use it on your lip, face, cuticles, knees–almost anywhere external! In my case though, I only use it for my lips. I apply it at night, just right before I sleep. When I wake up–tada! My lips are supple and hydrated. The color’s just right too! I sometimes use it when I go outside too, but when I do, I only apply very little because putting on too much will make you look like you just ate some seriously greasy meat. You don’t want that look– trust me.

Another nice thing about this product is that, it eventually changes the color of my lips– for the better. While most lip products darken your lips or discolor it in some undesirable way, Bigelow’s Rose Salve on the other hand, makes my lips look red and perfect without the need of other lip products. So when I wake up, my lips are good to go.

Bigelow’s Rose Salve does not have color. So when you apply it, it’s really just some shiny coating that keeps moisture in for the night (or for the day, depends on when you use it). It has a slight rosy smell too. It comes in small round cases and ...

• C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve
      prices range from 5 to 6 dollars. It’s really cheap in comparison to other products plus it lasts long. You could have it for a year or more! During the day, it’ll last for a few hours and then you’ll have to retouch it. In my case though, I don’t. Once I apply it, and even when it wears off, my lips usually stay in a good condition.

The only sad thing about this product though, is that it is not sold worldwide. If you are unfortunate enough to live in a place without Sephora, then you’ll have to make do with ordering online.

I ordered mine from a local online shop who was (lucky for me) selling on-hand salves. It wasn’t easy finding the shop (took me days to find it) but the transaction was quick enough and I got my legit Salve within a week. I did have to pay extra for the shipping fee, which was about 2 dollars on top of 3.50 dollars for the salve.

Over-all I’d rate this product an 8 out of 10. Minus 2 because of the times I’ve put on too much and looked like the grease eater I was talking about (so be wary about this, you girls!).

Dubravka says :

re : Most of the time, best and cheap don’t always come together in the same package, but through my epic research skills, I think I’ve finally found the perfect solution
As for lip balms it’s always better to pay more but t have your lips moisturized as they should be. Very nice brand.

Lady Sanzenin replies :

That’s true. That’s what makes this, a real gem

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112051630591031/k2311a0512/5.12.14