Oliver Twist (2005 movie)
  • The movie wasn't the worst or the best, but it was OK
  • Now the reason why I'll rate this movie 6 is that I think the movie could have been a lot better if Oliver had grown in crime
  • I know the story is novel based, so the movie showed what was written in the novel, but it is just a suggestion from a person who just watched the movie and thinks it could have pleased him better if it had that part

• by Hamza Butt

Oliver Twist is 2005 Crime and drama movie directed by Roman Polanski, which is based on a novel. I had read the novel a few years ago, and I truly loved it, and wanted to see the story in action, and played by real characters. The story of the little orphan being put into theft by some bad guys was really of my kind. I thought that it’l be worth my time.

The movie wasn’t the worst or the best, but it was OK.

The movie had a good story. It focused on an orphan boy who keeps getting in wrong hands, and in the end finds his right place. Actually the story

got my attention quite well. I wanted to see how its like to grow old in the streets, with all the dangers that our parents save us from, when we’re young, and the good thing about the movie is that it portrays all the dangers and events that an orphan living in the streets suffers from pretty well.

The drama was good too. There are many drama scenes in the movie that caught my attention. The best of them was when Oliver was given shelter by a generous and kind gentleman named Mr. Brownlow. He treats Oliver well; gives him nice food, a bed to sleep, and good clothes. One day,

he sends Oliver to return some books with a 5 pound note. Oliver, had no plan to betray him, but as he was on his way, Nancy dashed in to the scene and pretended to be his elder sister. She shouted that this boy ran away from his mother and father, and she is here to get him back. Oliver shouted for help in the streets, trying his best to get rid of Nancy and return back to Mr. Brownlow, but no one believed him and he was forcefully brought back to the life where he had to steal for his master.

I loved the acting of Ben Kingsley as Flinch in ...

• Oliver Twist (2005 movie)
      this movie. Flinch is the master of a household of boys that steal for him. His character was different from others in the movie in a good way. Though, he was the master for the boys, but he wasn’t cruel to any of them. It was quite difficult to judge him at times, sometimes you feel that he’s insane, sometimes he makes you feel that he’s greedy and sometimes he proves to be a kind guy. Ben Kingsley did really well as Flinch, he truly made every part of Flinch’s character prominent to me.

Now the reason why I’ll rate this movie 6 is that I think the movie could have been

a lot better if Oliver had grown in crime. I would have loved to see him as a professional criminal, and after growing old in crime, he should have left crime and be a good guy. But none of that actually happened, he was taken by Mr.Brownlow when he was young. I know the story is novel based, so the movie showed what was written in the novel, but it is just a suggestion from a person who just watched the movie and thinks it could have pleased him better if it had that part.

The movie ain’t a bad one at all, it has got a good story and drama. I rate it 6.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1112051630571031/k2311a0512/5.12.14