The Hangover 3 (movie)  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I previously enjoyed the Hangover and Hangover 2 like no other
  • Hangover 2 was perhaps the best movie in this trilogy, and I've got to say that I was expecting a bit more from the third part, but the last part just fell short of what I was expecting
  • The first thing that disappointed me in the movie was the lack of quality jokes
  • I was curious about what will happen to the wolf pack this time while they were drunk, but unfortunately the movie didn't had that part
  • I won't stop you from watching this movie, but won't recommend you to watch it with your kids, because it's full of nudity

• by Hamza Butt

Hangover 3 is the last part of the Hangover trilogy that was released in 2013. The last part of the trilogy was again directed by Todd Phillips who directed the first two parts of this trilogy. I previously enjoyed the Hangover and Hangover 2 like no other. It was the best in comedy. Every time I feel like I’m in a great need to laugh hard, I watch those 2 parts. Same was the expectations from Hangover 3 too.

The movie was a mediocre one. I enjoyed the Hangover 2 the most. The humour scenes that movie had were truly awesome. Especially I loved the way the movie ended.

Hangover 2 was perhaps the best movie in this trilogy, and I’ve got to say that I was expecting a bit more from the third part, but the last part just fell short of what I was expecting.

The first thing that disappointed me in the movie was the lack of quality jokes. The jokes weren’t flat, but they only managed to get a smile on my face, which is not enough when you’re watching a movie expecting that it will make you laugh hard. Like I said, for me the Hangover 2 was the best in comedy. It made me laugh many times really hard. I just kept waiting for the jokes that can do the same to me again, but I’ve got to admit that this movie lacked this part.

Another disappointment in the movie was that the story lacked the idiotic events that entertained me the most in the previous movies. First of all, it lacked the most important event: the Hangover part. Unlike the previous movies, the wolf pack didn’t got a Hangover this time. Instead the twist in the story was provided by Marshall, who abducted Doug, because Chow stole his money, and he wanted them to get it back. I solely feel, that the last part should have started with a hangover.

• The Hangover 3 (movie)

In the previous parts, when the wolf pack awakened from a hangover, there was always something astonishing for the audience and themselves too. Sometimes Stu lost his teeth, Allan got his head shaved, and the best of all, in the first part, they somehow managed to get a tiger in their bathroom while they were drunk. I was curious about what will happen to the wolf pack this time while they were drunk, but unfortunately the movie didn’t had that part.

Though, I loved the acting of Ken Jeong. He was truly awesome in the trilogy. He’s got a really different style and attitude that got my attention in

the whole series. I personally love Bradley Cooper’s acting most of the times, but Ken really made me feel his presence which I didn’t expected as I was watching him in action for the first time.

I feel that the creators of this movie forgot to add quality humour in the movie, some people may have enjoyed the movie, but people like me who enjoyed Hangover 2 at its peak would be disappointed. The Hangover 3 isn’t the best in the trilogy nor a crap movie. I won’t stop you from watching this movie, but won’t recommend you to watch it with your kids, because it’s full of nudity.

Andrew Leither says :

Knowing that this was the last part of the Hangover trilogy series. It was great stuff and fun to watch. I know that I only watched the first movie, the other two movies I still have to watch and this review only made me feel glad that I can trust to watch the other two as well.

Vee says :

re : I previously enjoyed the Hangover and Hangover 2 like no other
The Hangover
When I first saw the previews for The Hangover I really didn t think it looked funny. I heard from several people that the movie was hilarious and I should see it. I kept reading positive reviews about the movie as well. So I decided to watch the movie and I m glad I did. The movie is about a guy named Doug who goes to Las Vegas two days before his wedding for a bachelor party. The guys only planned on being there overnight, but something goes wrong. When the guys wake up the next morning … read more

Ghina Ahms says :

re : Hangover 2 was perhaps the best movie in this trilogy, and I’ve got to say that I was expecting a bit more from the third part, but the last part just fell short of what I was expecting
I totally agree with you. I thought they would make a great ending for a trilogy movie. Sad to say that they disappointed the moviegoers especially the fans of the movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117051630470731/k2311a057/5.7.14