Evo 3.1 Mbps Wireless Broadband
0.5
1 votes
Are you familiar with this?
Feel free to rate it!
  • Evo's 3.1 Mpbs Wireless Broadband was the first internet connection I bought for my pc
  • I thought that a download speed of 300 KBs + is not bad
  • This device was definitely not worth my time and money


    • by Hamza Butt

      TRUSTWORTHY

      followers:20
      follow
      One of the most famous and largest Internet service providers of Pakistan is PTCL, it provides many internet solutions to its users. Its evo products is one of them. Evo’s 3.1 Mpbs Wireless Broadband was the first internet connection I bought for my pc. I didn’t really knew what to expect from this device, as no one I knew had used this device before. But the commercials looked promising and the device was offering a 3.1 Mbps connection. I thought that a download speed of 300 KBs + is not bad.

      I bought the daily package which costed me a Rs.100 daily. There were other monthly packages, but I didn’t


      used internet that frequently so I thought that a daily package would be worth it. My expectations were high for this device as the rate they were charging was pretty expensive, and it equals Rs. 3000 a month, which was more than expensive for me.

      But all I got was loads and loads of disappointment.

      They were charging me Rs. 3000 a month for this package, and their average download speed was 20 to 35 KB. That was all I was getting as download speed. Leave downloads, It always took more than 2 mins to load an average page. I started spending hours on the internet, because its speed doubled the

      time of my internet activities. If you have ever surfed on a slow internet connection that makes you refresh a page again and again, then you probably can understand what I’ve been through. It was serious pain, it got me frustrated and I was tired of staring at the load icon.

      The upload speed was always higher than the download speed. Sometimes it crossed over 2 MB. Imagine a 3.1 Mbps internet connection that can provide you 2 Mb upload speed but can’t give you a download speed of over 50 kbps. I never got 100% signals on this device. Though, I was getting 80% signals, which is quite a ...


      • Evo 3.1 Mbps Wireless Broadband
      good ratio, because if a device can’t perform with 80% signals then what magic is it going to do with the other 20%?

      I complained many times on phone and on Emails too. But each time they advised me to have patience as they were improving their service. I was totally shocked, when there service is under development then why are they charging me so high? In fact, they shouldn’t even have launched their device while it was under-development. Why are they wasting someone’s hard earned money on their useless device.

      Another frustration this device gave was that sometimes, even when you have recharged your device the internet is not available.

      And it remains the same for 5 to 8 hours. It happened with me many times. If you’re paying for 24 hour internet connection, and you don’t get any connectivity for 8 hours in a day, you get no time at all for using internet. This device was definitely not worth my time and money.

      There ain’t a single thing to appreciate in this device. If you were going to buy this device then please stop. Its better to throw your money in the streets than to sit in front of your pc for hours and wait for pages to load. I won’t even like to rate this device 1, because its worth nothing.




  • Sidenotes
  • Don't Be Nice. Be Helpful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 217051630460731/k2311a057/5.7.14
Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy