Gossip Girl TV Series  » TV  »
  • It took me months before I finally agreed to watch it, and those months are months I truly regret
  • Because Gossip Girl is a truly amazing, addicting and entertaining tv show
  • Nonetheless, it's still one of the best shows I've ever seen
  • What I like about Gossip Girl is that it almost feels like it's some more realistic version of Disney fairy tales minus the fantasy, plus more drama (and hot guys
  • That was the point I decided I loved the show

• by Katrina C.

I have this friend who kept on insisting that I should watch this TV series entitled Gossip Girl because it has finally ended and now I can binge watch through the entire series non-stop. It took me months before I finally agreed to watch it, and those months are months I truly regret. Why? Because Gossip Girl is a truly amazing, addicting and entertaining tv show. Yes, it’s a tv show about spoiled brats with daddy issues and eating disorders and undeserved trusts. Nonetheless, it’s still one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Let me tell you why I think so.

First of all, it revolves around the story of the elites and the wanna-be elites. Everyone

knows we love fairy tales because of the royals in it. While Manhattan doesn’t have monarchs, the ridiculously rich elite kids more than make up for it. What I like about Gossip Girl is that it almost feels like it’s some more realistic version of Disney fairy tales minus the fantasy, plus more drama (and hot guys!).

Second, I just love how unpredictable each episode is! Couples break up, then make up, then break up and then switch partners in just mere episodes! You can never know who the end game is and what would happen next. Each episode is a whirlwind of emotions and happenings— and each one just keeps you asking for more. One moment, a couple sounds so sappy and happily-ever-after and then the next some scheming turns the relationship to dust.

Speaking of scheming, this is the third and one of the best reasons why I love Gossip Girl! The characters are twisted and unique in their own way. I couldn’t hate Blair (Leighton Meester) for her evil plots, not even Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg). Oh yes, speaking of hate, the fourth reason why I love this show is that you can’t hate nor love a certain character for too long. Like I said,it’s a whirlwind. They all have their twisted side which comes out when they need (or want) it to. There is no such thing as an innocent lad or ...

• Gossip Girl TV Series
      lass. I repeat, no such thing!

The characters and their development as the series continues, bring you to a journey that’s both enjoyable and head-spinning at the same time. Even though the story borders on unrealistic in the way the characters waste their trust funds and whatnot, I really like how human the characters are. Behind all the glamour and the money, they are still teenagers who long for their parent’s attention, the love of their lives and the security of friendship. I was really amazed at how they can all backstab and try to ruin each other and at the end of the day they realize that they all really only have one another. As much as

I love the couples, the story behind their friendships is also one of the reasons I couldn’t stop watching the series.

I remember watching season 1 and how I immediately got attached to the Blerena (Blair and Serena) friendship. I remember crying on episode 3 when Blair read that letter to Serena. That was the point I decided I loved the show. Because behind all the scheming, scandals and gossip girl blasts, in the heart of it all was the story of 5 teenagers seeking their place in this cruel world. Trying to know who Gossip Girl really was, was just an added mystery bonus for me.

Anyway, I’d rate this series a 10 out of 10– hands down.

Gossip Girl TV Series

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1028041630121130/k2311a0428/4.28.14