Peter Dinklage (actor)  » People  »
  • Peter was one of my favourite characters in that movie because even though he didn’t seem to have a lot of major scenes, he still helped to make the movie extremely hilarious
  • He was a silent villain of sorts, and I thought that Dinklage portrayed him perfectly, which was even better than the person who portrayed that character in the American version
  • One of the most challenging tasks of being an actor is making people laugh, and I think he has already overcome that hurdle
  • I definitely recommend movies with Peter Dinklage in them because his talent helps make most of the movies a success

• by Redtape

Peter Dinklage is one of those actors who I have come to have deep respect for over the past couple of years because of their performances in different roles. I understand that the name might not seem familiar to most people, especially since he’s practically been an unknown up to a couple years ago. However, most people who watch the television series “Game of Thrones” might recognise him as the actor who plays the character, “Tyrion Lannister”.

From what I have heard, Dinklage is an American actor who was born with the condition called “Achondroplasia” which is actually a condition that causes dwarfism. However, that did not stop Dinklage from accomplishing his goals, even though in one or two interviews I’ve read with him,

he mentions that he was very bitter and angry about his condition when he was much younger. He also mentions that he eventually grew to accept and live with it, even though he says that it causes him to become a little angry and insecure sometimes.

Dinklage is also one of those actors who are known for being vegan, and being vegan is also a lifestyle choice that I’ve always admired especially since it’s very hard to maintain. I have personally tried it at least twice over the years, and have always had to go back to my regular diet.

It took me until Game of Thrones to realise that the acting of Peter Dinklage is something to be admired, and funny enough I don’t think he has gotten many awards or credit for his performances. Before Game of Thrones, he was in movies such as “Elf”, “The Station Agent”, the English version of “Death at a Funeral”, “Penelope” and “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian”. One of my personal favourites that he appeared in was the English version of Death at a Funeral where he portrayed the character Peter, who was threatening to blackmail the family. Peter was one of my favourite characters in that movie because even though he didn’t seem to have a lot of major scenes, he still helped to make the movie extremely hilarious. He was a silent villain of sorts, and I thought that Dinklage portrayed him perfectly, which was even better ...

• Peter Dinklage (actor)
      than the person who portrayed that character in the American version.

I also liked his character in the movie “The Station Agent”, where Dinklage was apparently nominated for multiple awards for the portrayal of his character. He made his character and his problems very real and was able to draw out a lot of emotion and sympathy from me, the audience.

One of the reasons why I respect him so much is because Peter has proven that he is able to portray many different roles regardless of genre. I’ve seen him do comedy in Death at a Funeral and I thought that while a lot of other actors also helped contribute to the hilarity of the movie, his portrayal also played a lot of

major roles in that. One of the most challenging tasks of being an actor is making people laugh, and I think he has already overcome that hurdle.

Peter has also proven that he can portray characters in serious roles like he has done with Finbar Mcbride from the movie “The Station Agent” and Tyrion Lannister in “Game of Thrones”. My personal favourite is Tyrion where he became a lot of people’s favourite character in seasons one and two. I haven’t read the books about what the character Tyrion was really like, but so far, I haven’t seen anyone who’s read the books complain about his portrayal.

I definitely recommend movies with Peter Dinklage in them because his talent helps make most of the movies a success.

Azriel says :

I didn’t know his name as Peter. I always and will probably always see him as Tyrion. At the beginning I kinda hated this guy (his character) in the series as I see him so little and yet so smart. But the story has built him up well that his true nature, and well heart was shown in the later series where he loved a prostitute and did his best to save the Lady Sanza. Oh well it sure was the beginning of me seeing him as an actor, he sure was effective and was good to be able to portray these role showing strengths and decisiveness.

kay44 says :

hum, never watched games of thrones, but i’ve seen peter in other movies drama, comedy, romance. And i have to say, he has expressive face expressions (does this sentence make sence ?), he doesn’t even have to talk.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5224041630030630/k2311a0424/4.24.14