The Melting Pot - A Fondue Restaurant
5650 E 86th St, Indianapolis, IN 46250
  • The Melting Pot is a dining experience like no other
  • A salad is hearty, and delicious if requested

• by Josh Nimeskern

The Melting Pot is a dining experience like no other.

I first experienced the Melting Pot when I took my wife out after we got engaged. It was the perfect choice and we’ve been there several more times.

The Melting Pot experience begins when you sit down. Cheese fondue, made right in front of you with a blend of cheeses and spices, is mixed in a fondue pot served with several hors devours (appetizers) to “dip” into the melted cheese. Breads, fruits, chips, etc. Wines of many various choices are also available. A salad

is hearty, and delicious if requested.

The “problem” with this dining experience is the wait. If you’re looking to eat a meal within an hour and leave, you are in the wrong restaurant. We have spent 2 to 4 hours dining there. Not every course is required, but next you’ll receive the entrée, from selected meats, fish, poultry or vegetables. The meal is essentially cooked by you, using the fondue cooker on the table. It’s safe, but can be annoying having to cook each bite. Each bite is heaven, though, and the stock in

which you cook the entrée in is essential, as the meat will absorb the flavor. Many different sauces are introduced to you, as well as vegetables such as potatoes you can also cook in the fondue pot. It is truly a unique experience which will leave you craving for more. I never wanted the meal to end!

Dessert is the best part, of course. Chocolates of all kinds are on the menu, melted in front of you with cookies, apples, bananas, rice krispies and more to dip into the succulent chocolate. The waiter ...

• The Melting Pot - A Fondue Restaurant
      or waitresses are always there to refill drinks, make sure you know what you’re doing, and make sure you’re as happy as can be. The high tips they receive are very worth it.

The environment is normally quiet, and reserving a table is easy if done online. It is required you make a reservation, and is free to do so.

Don’t expect to leave paying $40, unless you just got dessert. A typical 2 person bill will be in the $120 range, not including a tip or additional such as wine. I would say for

the price it is about what you would expect, but for the average person like me it is very expensive.

I wouldn’t bring children, as the wait can be long on eating. Service is always excellent at the Melting Pot, and everything is explained to you perfectly.

Overall, I’d say it is a must try if you have the time and money available. Would make a great first date choice as many of the cooking experiences would “break the ice”. I will go back, but I’ll have to budget it out next time!

Boanerges says :

re : A salad is hearty, and delicious if requested
I love it because it great even the essence of it suit my happiness and I recommend it for every one

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 724041630000630/k2311a0424/4.24.14