Evo Wingle 9.3 Mbps Wireless Broadband
1.5
Pakistan
  • A few months back when I was looking for an Internet service provider, I decided to give Ptcl a try
  • I thought that may be the previous device wasn't a 3G one that was why it wasn't getting me speed so lets try a 3G one
  • My friends were using Ptcl's broadband and they were getting good speeds at low costs, but the wireless broadband was pretty expensive, but I bought the device which costed me 40$ and a monthly bandwidth of 30 GB for 15 $ at the the speed of 9.3 Mbps
  • Unfortunately, just like the previous device this one failed to deliver too
  • I won't recommend anyone this device as it made me go through great agony

• by Hamza Bitt

Ptcl is Pakistan’s largest and leading telecommunication company. It provides telephonic and Internet services to its users. A few months back when I was looking for an Internet service provider, I decided to give Ptcl a try. I was looking for a wireless broadband connection, I had previously used Ptcl’s evo 3.1 Mbps usb dongle, which totally sucked. Once or hardly twice in a month its speed crossed 1Mb and they were charging me for 3.1 Mbps.

Due to lack of options, I again decided to use another Ptcl product . Which was evo wingle 9.3 Mbps 3G. I thought that may be the previous device wasn’t

a 3G one that was why it wasn’t getting me speed so lets try a 3G one. My friends were using Ptcl’s broadband and they were getting good speeds at low costs, but the wireless broadband was pretty expensive, but I bought the device which costed me 40$ and a monthly bandwidth of 30 GB for 15 $ at the the speed of 9.3 Mbps.

Unfortunately, just like the previous device this one failed to deliver too. So here is my experience with this device.

They charge me every month for 9.3 Mbps speed, but the speed hardly crossed 250 kbps. Again once or twice in a month it

crossed 500 kbps but I never got the speed they were charging me for. When you call the customer support there is always an automated message ready for you that “We are experiencing some technical difficulties, which is causing slow downloads. The problem will be over soon”. And guess what? After 3 months they still had the same message. Doesn’t matters how angrily you complaint, they don’t care.

Another lame excuse they give is that your device is not getting enough signals, that is why you ain’t getting the speed. The device is not getting signals? Is it my fault? Go make your service better then, if that’s ...

• Evo Wingle 9.3 Mbps Wireless Broadband
      the problem. They keep on advising you to place the device on the roof, And I literally asked him, “You want me to sit on top of my roof every time I use Internet?”. They are just useless, if the signals are the problem, then once or twice in a month how do I get 3 times better speed than the normal speed with the same signals? They don’t truly have answers.

I read some reviews about this device. Some of them stated that they were getting good speed and others were complaining just like me. All I was able to conclude from those reviews was that the

device only worked well in big cities. And in small cities, the device lacked coverage.

Another headache with this device I experienced is that it automatically get transferred from 3G to 2G. And once it does that, the Internet won’t work. I used the trouble shoot and it stated that the DNS ain’t responding. So each and every time, the device gets transferred to 2G, you have to unplug and then plug the device again to use the Internet. Which gets you totally mad.

As a whole, the experience I had with this device was really poor. I won’t recommend anyone this device as it made me go through great agony.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2123041629990930/k2311a0423/4.23.14