About Time comedy film  » Movies  »
  • While watching the movie, I noticed some plot holes
  • But he is able to come back to the present without any problem
  • I enjoyed this movie very much albeit some plot holes

• by Adityaa

Some days ago I watched ‘About Time’ movie. ‘About Time’ is a romantic comedy film with some fantasy elements. The film revolves around Tim Lake, who at the age 21 is told by his father that the male members of the family can travel through time. All they have to do is go to a dark place, close their fists and think where or when they would like to go. After learning this, the hero tries to make his world a better place by finding him a suitable girlfriend using his power.

While watching the movie, I noticed some plot holes. The mechanism of time travel is not explained clearly. At first, the hero, using his power tries to change the happenings of New Year Eve party. He goes into a closet, closes his eyes and fists and thinks about the New Year Eve party and when he opens his eyes, he is in the past. But what I don’t understand is if he is transported from the future to the past completely or if only his soul or some other thing is transported from the future to the person present in the past. There was already one Tim in the New Year Eve party, but when the future Tim arrives there is no trace of the past Tim.

Tim’s dad tells him that Tim can only travel to the past and cannot go to the future. But when Tim travels to the past and changes the past events, the present from where he came to the past is also altered. So in a way the present changes to future for Tim. But he is able to ...

• About Time comedy film
      come back to the present without any problem.

Tim’s dad also tells him that after a child is born, travelling back to the time before the child’s birth will cause a different child to be born and the original child will be lost. In one scene, Tim and his father travel back in time together when Tim was a small boy. After this Tim returns to the present but his children are the same.

Overall the movie is very entertaining. The actors are charming especially Domhnall Gleeson (Tim Lake) and Bill Nighy

(Tim’s Father). There are some memorable moments in this movie. I liked this particular scene very much where Tim and Mary meet for the first time in a restaurant where meals are served by blind servers in the dark. There are some moments where you will laugh heartily. There are even some messages in this movie like living every day to the fullest, savoring each and every moment you spend with your family, friends because nothing lasts.

I enjoyed this movie very much albeit some plot holes. I give this movie 7 out of 10.

Leo says :

re : While watching the movie, I noticed some plot holes
I watched this movie and overall it was good. The concept is so nice. But if the writer had taken some more care about the screenplay, the movie would have been much more better.

Adityaa replies :

This is exactly my point. But plot holes are not a major issue in a really entertaining movie.

Dr.RubinSilvest says :

Thanks for the review. I like Hollywood sci-fi movies very much. But I haven’t heard about this movie unitl reading your review. This movie seems interesting and I will check this out.

Adityaa replies :

This is not really a hardcore sci-fi movie but with some sci-fi elements. It can be categorized under romantic comedy film. But I am sure that you will love this film. Watch this film and let me know about your opinion.

Dr.RubinSilvest says :

I love rom-com movies too. So I am hopeful that I will like this movie. But can you tell me where can I get a HD print of this movie?

Adityaa replies :

You can get the Blu-ray disc of this movie from Amazon. If you wish to download this movie for free, you can check in torrent sites which offer HD rip format movies.

mary grace sale says :

Nice movie..but I find some similarity from Rachel’s other movie The Time Traveler’s Wife.

Adityaa replies :

Hello Mary, I have read somewhere about Rachel’s movie`The Time Traveller’s Wife’. But I haven’t watched that movie. I am curious to know the similarities between these two movies. Hence I may watch that movie in the near future.

Sanjeev says :

Thanks for the review bro. I have come to know about this movie only after reading your review. Is this movie really good? I don’t want to waste time in downloading and watching this movie?

Adityaa replies :

This movie is really good, Sanjeev. Watch this and you will not regret your decision.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1122041629910930/k2311a0422/4.22.14