The Appearing, 2014 movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • Out of curiousity I decided to watch The Appearing directed by Daric Gates expecting to get scared by something other than possession and demons
  • I think all the actors of this film have perfectly merged themselves into their respective roles
  • I like Wolfgang Bodison as Father Callahan, a man of discreet personality who exorcises women possessed by a certain demon
  • Yet, I should say that watching this flick was a 92 minute long tedious task and now I regret it

• by may rain

Out of curiousity I decided to watch The Appearing directed by Daric Gates expecting to get scared by something other than possession and demons. But, this poorly crafted horror film intertwined with crime disheartened me to a great extent. Having watched The Appearing along with too many other horror flicks, I have come to the conclusion that the story of an average horror film, more or less, revolves around a house in the midst of a dark forest or some

small town sheltering the evil spirits of people who lived there and died despite being exorcised and a middle class family who will come to live in that house after years, unaware of its past, will suffer from the detrimental consequences.

The story of this film is no different. A woman named Rachel who has lost her child in an accident comes to live in a small town with her husband for a change. Among other scary images she sees a little girl walking through the woods who directs her to a mysterious house. The woman gets attracted to this house which brings back memories of her troubled past. The story’s main elements include demons, possessions, exorcism, murders, mental asylum, love, lust, and betrayal.

I think all the actors of this film have perfectly merged themselves into their respective roles. Emily Brooks as Rachel is outstanding. She has very well brought out the eccentricity of her character. Will Wallace as ...

• The Appearing, 2014 movie
      Rachel’s husband is sympathetic and caring. Don Swayze has played the role of the secretive Sheriff Hendricks quite efficiently. I like Wolfgang Bodison as Father Callahan, a man of discreet personality who exorcises women possessed by a certain demon. Dean Cain’s portrayal of Dr Shaw, the doctor of a mental hospital who reveals the truth about Rachel to her husband, is neat. The direction and editing are satisfactory, if not stupendous.

The Appearing , like most other horror films, has a

lesson or two to teach us. Now I realize that a couple should know every detail about each other’s past before getting hitched. The second lesson is of the utmost importance. One must become a true demon sleuth before buying a house in some quiet district!

Yet, I should say that watching this flick was a 92 minute long tedious task and now I regret it. So, I would like to advice people to abstain from such overly electrifying films.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1121041629820130/k2311a0421/4.21.14