Ajax Triple Action Dish Soap in Orange  » Housewares  »
  • Since the store's selection is smaller, I decided to just go for something inexpensive that smells good
  • What I found was this Ajax orange-scented soap, and while it was clearly different from some of the more expensive soaps, it was a good substitute for the price
  • It wouldn't be a huge problem if it weren't for the fact that my soap has leaked out several times and I've lost a lot of soap
  • The best way to use it is to soap the sponge and lather from there, but it's still quite thin and requires a lot of soap per dish

• by Melanie Noell

I picked this soap up at the nearby Save A Lot when I was out of dish soap and didn’t feel like driving out to Target or a larger grocery store. Since the store’s selection is smaller, I decided to just go for something inexpensive that smells good. What I found was this Ajax orange-scented soap, and while it was clearly different from some of the more expensive soaps, it was a good substitute for the price.

The Ajax dish soap wasn’t the cheapest

option at the store, but it was very inexpensive at $1.49. I haven’t shopped for this product anywhere other than Save A Lot, but since Save A Lot is a discount store, it may be a bit more expensive if you buy it elsewhere. The bottle has a pull-cap that you pull out to allow soap to dispense, but several times when I try to push it back in, the bottle doesn’t close all the way. It wouldn’t be a huge problem if it weren’t for the fact that my soap has leaked out several times and I’ve lost a lot of soap.

The soap itself has a decent smell. It’s a bit citrusy and orange-y, but there’s a bit of an unnatural chemical smell to the soap. I’m not too surprised, though, because it’s a fairly cheap soap. It seems to do a good job at cleaning dishes, and it creates a lot of lather. The big drawback is the amount of soap that it takes ...

• Ajax Triple Action Dish Soap in Orange
      to clean a single dish; it’s much more than my more expensive soaps, and even a bit more than another soap I sometimes use which is cheaper than this one. I end up going through this soap more quickly than any other soaps that I’ve used, which means it’s not even a great value despite the low price. Part of it has to do with how thin and runny the soap is, and I sometimes think I waste some of it as it drips
      right off of the dishes without actually lathering and cleaning them. The best way to use it is to soap the sponge and lather from there, but it’s still quite thin and requires a lot of soap per dish. The thin soap also means it dries my skin out more quickly than richer dish soaps.

Overall, this soap is a decent, inexpensive substitute, but I would prefer paying a few dollars extra for a soap that is gentle on my skin and lasts longer.

Tammy Nelson says :

I have used Ajax dish washing soap.I will admit it is a cheaper option.You also have to use a lot of soap for it to foam.While I am adding the soap to the dishwater I am standing there saying to myself alright how much soap will it take to get a good foam.This isn’t one of my favorite soaps.It will do according to what my pocket book is saying.

Lavonn says :

Ok, so this soap doesn’t foam a lot but it washes squeaky clean. It is the best with cutting grease.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321041629760130/k2311a0421/4.21.14