Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, book by Lewis Carol  » Books  »
  • What I found strange was that Alice seems to keep a very calm countenance, and she is all about curiosity
  • So everything in this book was a big surprise to me and I quite enjoyed the read
  • I have never read a book as absurd and interesting before and never will again
  • I would recommend it to anybody and believe that this would satisfy a child's or your inner child's creative imagination

• by Miles Sims

First off, the new movie is not even closely related to the book (which many people fail to understand since the movie is made to be a sequel to the original Alice in Wonderland). I have to say it was a very difficult book to read if you do not have much of an imagination, and I have not found anything quite as absurd, but at the same time relatable, in all of the books that I have read. I will tell you what I mean in this review.

Do you know those thoughts you get right before you fall asleep? Those thoughts that make absolutely no sense when you

wake up and think about it, but somehow connect with one another in some strange way. That is how I feel this book is structured. It is just so random and perfectly resembles a dream-like state. After the beginning of the book, which everybody already knows about where she eats the cake and drinks the drink, everything jumps all over the place. Alice is taken through a series of events and talked to many strange characters in what seems very random, but somehow follows a direct story-line. What I found strange was that Alice seems to keep a very calm countenance, and she is all about curiosity. It actually seems like she is in a real-life dream.

I watched the newest movie, which shows a creative sequel to Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland, before I read the book (I received the book as a birthday present last year). I did not watch the cartoon that is supposed to follow the story-line much more closely, and I only heard facts about Alice in Wonderland by word of mouth or media that hints at the story-line. So everything in this book was a big surprise to me and I quite enjoyed the read. I read it about a year ago when I received it for my birthday (so forgive me if my ...

• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, book by Lewis Carol
      memory fails me). I recall a strange crab like creature telling a story about the sea to Alice and some talking mammals, and then they broke out into dance and song (which was from the sea creatures heritage). And they were all acting like it was very normal. I was making a weird facial expression while reading this passage, and the rest of the book is random just like this. I found it very amusing. I also recall another passage where Alice meets two queens, and one queen shows her how Wonderland is broken up into a chess board, and how she has to cross all the way from
      one side to the other in order to turn from a pawn into a Queen. It’s a fairly short book, and might be hard to follow for some people if you don’t expect the unexpected. You need a sort of acceptance of the illogical to read and enjoy it.

Overall, I give this book a rating of ten. It is a book that was extremely modern for its time and is still modern in today’s time. I have never read a book as absurd and interesting before and never will again. I would recommend it to anybody and believe that this would satisfy a child’s or your inner child’s creative imagination.

dimple says :

what are you talking? I can not understand the book is about what

zoey lance says :

A dreamlike adventure. Everyone knows this book is talking about Alice dreaming, but still have to praise that the book reflects the dream too ingenious. Alice s adventures in wonderland is unique in that it does not have any argument, but just roll over and let it go, no matter what comes next. it is important to be curious to know what is going on, the strange world is different from the ordinary and inviting, the way to open the way there (even When you touch locked rooms, the story will never stand still, the fairy world will give you the clue, put your rope on and go on.In addition, it’s a comedy, the way Alice began to confuse using the language and utter wrong statements that silly silly. In addition to the unthinking narrative of Lewis Carroll throughout, the journey presented to the reader becomes more and more fun.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1721041629740130/k2311a0421/4.21.14