Kerastase Bain Volumifique Shampoo
  • The smell is fresh and pleasing, and not at all overpowering, just the way I like it
  • Aside from that, I am extremely happy with the product and would recommend it to anybody who is facing a problem of limp, lifeless hair

• by Stuti

My mane has been the bane of my problems practically all my life. It is satiny soft but lifeless - After just a day of shampooing my hair, it turns flat, limp and lifeless. No matter which hairstyle I sport - and I have sported practically all kinds, and all lengths - it never looks great on me because of the utter lack of volume

and bounce.

I read about Kerastase Bain Volumifique on a beauty website while I was looking for haircuts to complement my face, and decided to give it a try, albeit warily - because it costs almost 8x more than the regular pharmacy products.

But boy, is it worth every last penny spent. The results are visible from the first wash itself - my hair was bouncier and looked more voluminous. Infact, on the second day of shampoo it looked even better than the first day. My hair feels soft, cared for and well nourished.

The smell is fresh and pleasing, and not at all overpowering, just the way I like it. It cannot be classified into any regular shampoo smell – it is not fruity or flowery or overtly chemical.

The texture ...

• Kerastase Bain Volumifique Shampoo
      of the shampoo is creamy, and the shampoo itself is cream in colour. The quantity spent per wash is less than cheaper shampoos, hence it lasts longer. My own bottle lasts me easily for around five months, when I wash my hair every second day.

The visual packaging could be spruced up - the aesthetics are simply not appealing. It is a fairly drab opaque bottle,

in a combination of light and dark green colors. It is however easy to operate.

The only thing I did not like - when the bottle is about to finish, the residual shampoo gives out a smell which reminds me of very strong chemicals.

Aside from that, I am extremely happy with the product and would recommend it to anybody who is facing a problem of limp, lifeless hair.

Christiana Alverez says :

I notice that in some places my hair is beginning to thin out a lot. Will this help to regrow my hair in the places where it is thinning?

Maria Basto says :

To do that appropriatly you need a shampoo with specific ingredients to give strength to your thin hair and stimulate the hair follicles. Usually it is necessary a complete treatment which means not just the shampoo but a very good scalp serum or spray, depending on the brand. Kerastase has specific line for that which is called Initialit.

Galega says :

Obviously, you are suffering from serious hair loss problem. This shampoo, irrespective of its claim, may not be an optimum solution for your kind of requirement. First, you need to find out the reason behind hair loss. For example, Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to hair loss. Similarly, severe dandruff problem along with many diseases can also cause this problem. There are many products in the market which can stop hair loss. But, to make your hair regrow may not be easy. You should consult a dermatologist and try to find out if there is any skin issues on the scalp which is creating this problem or just deficiency of Vitamin B12.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121041629660130/k2311a0421/4.21.14