Allview A5 Quad smartphone  » Phones  »
  • First Hand Experience With the Allview A5 Quad
  • Even after two months of usage, I can say that my hands are never bored with the soft feel of this device, I think that it scores pretty well at this chapter
  • From a first touch I could already realize that this phone was going to be a favorite
  • I would recommend this phone for people who are just starting to enter the world of Android and want a device that may last for a year or two
  • I was impressed with the five megapixel camera and after testing it out on a sunny day I can say that the picture quality is reasonably good because it can film in full HD mode and the still pictures are good

• by Kevin Moberg

First Hand Experience With the Allview A5 Quad.

When I set out to buy the A5, I was looking for a smartphone with an improved battery life. I was just fed up with the high end models that were always low on battery. They seemed to fail me during the most critical times.

Even after two months of usage, I can say that my hands are never bored with the soft feel of this device, I think that it scores pretty well at this chapter. Another reason for why I would never quit using this phone is the decent picture quality and the blitz, just how many entry level smartphones are capable of shooting in HD and feature a blitz?!

When you first open

the box and weigh the phone with your hand you realize that it is quite light, then when you weigh in the battery you realize that it is almost as heavy as the phone, this is one good way to measure battery autonomy if you are not familiar with complex technical terms.

From a first touch I could already realize that this phone was going to be a favorite.

I would recommend this phone for people who are just starting to enter the world of Android and want a device that may last for a year or two. I think that the A5 Quad will do just fine if you are just taking your baby steps into the Android realm.

The Design of The A5 Quad

The phone is priced at 135 Euros and you also get a free antivirus license with the device. The phone features a 1700 mAh battery, a standard micro USB cable used for data connectivity and data transfer.

You will also get a pair of new headsets and an additional cover for the back. The phone has dual SIM capability, it measures 10 mm in width and weighs 153 grams. I bought this phone mainly for the 4.3 inch screen with 800×400 pixel resolution.

Ergonomics, Hardware and Software

This is quite a comfortable handset and the software experience on it gives it an extra feel, probably because it comes in with the latest Android version called 4.2.2. Jellybean. When it comes to ...

• Allview A5 Quad smartphone
      hardware we can rest assured on the Cortex A7 clocked at 1.3 GHz.

Graphics are reasonable mainly because of the MALI 400 GPU. The RAM memory is also quite reasonable as the device features 512 MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. After using the device for two months I can say that the battery is outstanding and I highly recommend the A5 because of the battery autonomy.

When I originally bought the phone I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it came in with the latest applications. Some apps are quite advanced, such as the auto luminosity app. The interface of the phone is pretty much customized to the Allview interface.

I have to admit that I am not

a big fan of this interface and I personally think that the TouchWiz interface from Samsung is better.

I was impressed with the five megapixel camera and after testing it out on a sunny day I can say that the picture quality is reasonably good because it can film in full HD mode and the still pictures are good.

I am pleasantly surprised by this phone and I can never get bored with it, the battery life is great and I would always buy a phone with an improved battery life over a more powerful device with a lower battery autonomy.

If you are looking to enter the world of Android, I highly recommend this budget device from the team at Allview.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3721041629650130/k2311a0421/4.21.14