Black Butler: Season One, Anime  » Movies  »
  • I think of the butler as a father-figure to Ciel, like a really attractive father-figure
  • As a person who really likes mystery/supernatural animes (like Ghost Hunt), I found Black Butler very attractive to my taste
  • I have to warn you that I believe this anime is not for the weak-hearted, even though there are many other worse animes
  • I really enjoyed watching it and I found it was a very entertaining anime with a strong back story

• by Miles Sims

Okay, so I just finished season one of Black Butler and I am having such an emotional turmoil. I have developed such a strong emotional attachment to the characters because of their distinct personalities, mainly Ciel and Sebastian (the master and the butler, respectively). I absolutely love this series and can not wait to finish Season Two, since I heard that there was quite a twist of events from Season one.

I started watching this Anime with a friend because we decided we would do an activity together after watching this series, and boy, how have we fan-girled. The butler and

master relationship really tears my heart, and leaves you wondering what is going on in their heads since they have such a mysterious and rock-hard exterior. I think of the butler as a father-figure to Ciel, like a really attractive father-figure. And I absolutely love the supernatural relationship between the two of them, because it adds a sort of spice to the series. As a person who really likes mystery/supernatural animes (like Ghost Hunt), I found Black Butler very attractive to my taste.

I was also really surprised at the twist and turn of events in this series, such as the servants back stories, and the anticipation of the unravelling of the mysteries of Ciel and Sebastian. I really liked how they kept the mystery between Ciel and Sebastian for a longer time than expected and did not spill their guts out about everything in the first couple episodes, as I have seen many animes do. I have an extremely short attention span when it comes to watching a series, and Black Butler Season One keeps you interested from the beginning to the end of the 24 episode series.

I can not even begin the describe how much the personalities of Ciel and Sebastian ...

• Black Butler: Season One,  Anime
      appealed to a teenage girl like myself. They are two very cool guys, with mysterious supernatural back stories and a rough history. But with a hint of sympathy hidden beneath their hard exterior. It makes me want to scream which I’m sure many other Black Butler fan girls will understand. Again, this adds the flavour of mystery that the whole series entails. There are still many questions left at the end of the series, but hopefully those will be answered in the Second season.

are many other worse animes. I couldn’t help wincing at some scenes in the episode such as the repetitive scenes of Ciel’s parents’ deaths and the other countless deaths in the series. They are not afraid to show the details of the deaths, and it was a little bit disturbing to me.

Overall, I give this anime (based on season one) a rating of 9. I really enjoyed watching it and I found it was a very entertaining anime with a strong back story. I also heard a season three is coming out on July 2014, and I plan on watching that as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1121041629570130/k2311a0421/4.21.14