Ebay
  • As a person with experience in buying and selling on Ebay, I've found that Ebay tends to have much more concern for the buyer than the seller
  • I noticed that they made the return so much easier for the buyer than the seller, and accepted his claim even without him giving a good reason
  • It is very good to be a buyer on Ebay, but definitely not a seller
  • I think it is way too high a percentage and I was extremely dissatisfied hearing that
  • I have bought clothes, which I found out are from some seller in China, and I discovered that they are extremely scared to get a bad review

• by Miles Sims

I have sold and bought many items on Ebay, and have had little problems with all of my transactions. Ebay is an extremely easy way to buy and sell online, and it includes a vast variety of categories which make it so much easier for you to buy anything you want online from one site. When most people think of buying off of Ebay, they think they are digging through a garage sale of peoples’ old used things. This is not in the least true. There are many new products selling on Ebay for a very cheap price, and I have bought new clothes, make up, and jewellery off of the site.

As a person with experience in buying and selling on

Ebay, I’ve found that Ebay tends to have much more concern for the buyer than the seller. I have had one incident where I sold somebody a laptop (as described and for a cheap price), and they decided they didn’t like it and filed a claim with Paypal. I, of course, had to return his money after receiving back the laptop. I noticed that they made the return so much easier for the buyer than the seller, and accepted his claim even without him giving a good reason. I have heard of cases where the buyer would actually scam the seller by returning a broken product and the seller is forced to return their money through Paypal. And Ebay nor Paypal
      does anything about it. It is very good to be a buyer on Ebay, but definitely not a seller.

Ebay also takes a good chunk of money every time you sell a product (as well as Paypal), and this really annoyed me. The current rate is 10% off of every sale you make, and that’s a lot if you’re trying to make profit off of an item. I sold a vintage item for $200, and discovered they took about $20 off of it, which they charge you with at the end of every month. I think it is way too high a percentage and I was extremely dissatisfied hearing that. However, you really do not have much choice. Ebay makes it ...

• Ebay
      extremely simple to sell things online, that it is best to suck it up and just pay the fee.

As a buyer, Ebay is absolutely wonderful. They would do their best to satisfy you, because you are bringing the money in. Also, Ebay allows reviews to be placed on sellers, so future buyers can be warned in case they’re not legitimate. I have bought clothes, which I found out are from some seller in China, and I discovered that they are extremely scared to get a bad review. I have to warn you, if you are buying anything from a Chinese supplier on Ebay (especially clothes and jewellery), they are not going to be good quality. There are a lot of jewellery

scams on Ebay, especially from Chinese suppliers, and they get good reviews by refunding some of the purchase price every time a customer is dissatisfied. They also deny that if a product is fake, or claim that they did not know and beg for forgiveness. So be wary of these sellers. They get a countless number of good reviews to make themselves seem legitimate, but they really are not.

As a buyer, I definitely recommend Ebay. As a seller, definitely not. If you can find other, cheaper websites to sell your product, use it. I give this website a rating of 8 because of its simplicity. If its fees were cheaper and if they listened to the seller more, I would have gave it a ten.

Ebay
chib says :

re : As a person with experience in buying and selling on Ebay, I’ve found that Ebay tends to have much more concern for the buyer than the seller
I like how Ebay handles there things. I like how they tend to customer but the only thing i don’t like is how they don’t let seller sell with Paypal.

John says :

What are you referring to? You can sell on Ebay using Paypal.

vida says :

I have an ebay account and doing transactions through paypal. So i guess your paypal must not be a verified account. you need to link to your bank or credit card, for the transactions to be possible.

visandy says :

I do not agree as I had a very confusing experience with Ebay

MZtech says :

re : It is very good to be a buyer on Ebay, but definitely not a seller
I have bought several items through Ebay and yes as a buyer, I like their protection policies together with Money back guarantee policy of Paypal. It really gave me a great sense of assurance on purchasing online. I haven’t tried selling and thanks for your post, it tells me not to even try. I wasn’t aware that in reverse it is the buyers who scams the seller. So if ever I’ll have something to sell in future, I think I’d prefer meet ups transactions.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4121041629560130/k2311a0421/4.21.14