Princess Jellyfish Anime Series
  • It makes me earnestly long for a second season, but does not make me regret that I watched the first and only season
  • This anime revolves around a house of girls, supposedly nerds (also called otakus, I believe), who are terrified of men and the so called stylish people
  • So this jellyfish obsessed girl goes out one night to her favourite pet store to visit a Jellyfish in the story (which she named Clara)
  • I found this anime very interesting when the beautiful princess turned out to be a cross-dressing guy, who had suddenly taken an interest in Tsukimi (jellyfish girl), and constantly visits the house where the otakus reside, which is a forbidden area for men
  • Nevertheless, I really enjoyed watching the anime

• by Miles Sims

Recently, I have been doing an anime marathon. I typically prefer either supernatural/mystery animes, or cute/funny animes. I go one way or the other. And Princess Jellyfish must be the funniest and cutest anime that I have ever seen. It makes me earnestly long for a second season, but does not make me regret that I watched the first and only season.

This anime revolves around a house of girls, supposedly nerds (also called otakus, I believe), who are terrified of men and the so called “stylish” people. They

stay cooped up in their house, surrounded by their own, individual, weird obsessions, and find it extremely difficult to go out. There is one particular girl out of all of them who has an obsession with Jellyfish, which her deceased mother provoked from her interest in the beautiful sea creature. So this jellyfish obsessed girl goes out one night to her favourite pet store to visit a Jellyfish in the story (which she named Clara). This is where she meets a beautiful princess that helps her save Clara’s life,
      and this is where the story unfolds.

I found this anime very interesting when the beautiful princess turned out to be a cross-dressing guy, who had suddenly taken an interest in Tsukimi (jellyfish girl), and constantly visits the house where the otakus reside, which is a forbidden area for men. Also, there is another twist in the story when the cross-dresser’s brother falls in love with Tsukimi after Kuranosuke (the supposed princess) transforms her into a beautiful girl with the power of makeup.

All of the characters in this anime ...

• Princess Jellyfish Anime Series
      have a special and distinct personality, and it makes you emotionally connect with this story-line even further. I also liked how Clara (the jellyfish) explains their strange behaviour from time to time as a side note. It is very hard to explain. You would have to watch it to understand the structure of this anime and just how funny it is. The characters also like to make a lot of strange faces (like a lot of animes do), which makes the anime even funnier.

The only thing I did not

like about this anime is the ending of the series, which felt very cut off to me. It felt like something was missing, and I was very disappointed that there wasn’t a second season. You are left on a major cliff hanger and have so many questions, and that frustrated me a lot. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed watching the anime.

I’ll give this series a rating of 9. I will not give it ten because of its disappointing cliff hanger. Otherwise, I would have gave it a rating of ten.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117041629521030/k2311a0417/4.17.14