Dwarf Rabbits  » Pets  »
  • I'd like to tell you my experience with her
  • So the first thing I noticed about this bunny when I got her for Christmas was that she was really tiny
  • I thought at the time that she was a baby and would eventually grow as large as my last one, but she turned out to be less than half the size
  • I have seen dwarf rabbits run for about $100 in pet stores, and they are not nearly as healthy as the farm-raised one I bought
  • However, I have noticed that this rabbit breed bites a lot more than the larger rabbit breeds, probably because of their small size and defensive nature

• by Miles Sims

So I have had a pet dwarf bunny for about five years, and it has been quite an adventure. I have only had two pet bunnies my entire life (I’m now on my dwarf rabbit), and the last one was a very docile, big rabbit. I could not tell you the breed of this bunny for the life of me, because my parents purchased her from a local farm and there are so many breeds of large rabbits that I can’t pinpoint her to one of them. She lived her full life span with me (about 11 years), before I got my dwarf rabbit.

I’d like to tell you my experience with her.

So the first thing I noticed about this bunny when I got her for Christmas was that she was really tiny. I thought at the time that she was a baby and would eventually grow as large as my last one, but she turned out to be less than half the size. I got her when she was about a month old, and she was extremely feisty at first. If we let her run around a bit, she would literally chase after you and bite your pant legs. Also, if you got too close to her cage, she would jump all over the place as if she were a wild rabbit. However, I’m glad to say she grew out of this phase after a few weeks of petting and feeding. I assume that she has a genetic predisposition to be more cautious and scared, since this rabbit breed is so small.

Within the past five years, she has been a very healthy rabbit. She always eats and drinks when she’s supposed to, she’s very active, and her shining coat of fur shows just how healthy she is. We had bought her from the same farm that we got my ...

• Dwarf Rabbits
      previous rabbit, there was nothing special about it. We bought her there for about ten dollars. I have seen dwarf rabbits run for about $100 in pet stores, and they are not nearly as healthy as the farm-raised one I bought.

They are very easy to tame, and my rabbit sits in my lap all of the time without moving an inch. She has gotten so comfortable, that she even falls asleep beside me.

However, I have noticed that this rabbit breed bites a lot more than the larger rabbit breeds, probably because of their small size and defensive nature. Even now, my rabbit gets

a little bit nippy with guests and family. And she also makes this strange growling sound when she gets mad, but I discovered that is very common among dwarf rabbits. They can be little devils at times, and they’re very clever.

Their small size makes them extremely cute. It is like a baby bunny that never grows old. And they also live as long as the larger rabbit breeds, which is about as long as the life span of a dog (12 years).

I can not give this pet a rating less than 10. They are so cute and enjoyable. It’s like having a tiny dog.

Azriel says :

Oh you got a really cute rabbit in there. I think you are very lucky to have such a pet if it would be allowed by my mom I would love to go find one dwarf rabbit for myself too as you mentioned they are really adorable. Thanks for sharing your experience of it with us here.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2917041629510930/k2311a0417/4.17.14