St. Ives: Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to take good care of my skin, and St. Ives Senstive skin Apricot Scrub helps me do just that
  • I do not have sensitive skin nor do I have acne, but I found that the other apricot scrubs literally scratch at your face due to those little apricot shards, and this is the only scrub I found from St. Ives that does not have this effect
  • Although the package says that it can be used for every day use, I wouldn't recommend it
  • I find that using this product twice a week gets me the best results, and if I were to use it any more than that, my face would get slightly red
  • I don't have sensitive skin whatsoever (it is oily, heals quickly, and does not get irritated easily), but if I were to use this product more than four times a week, I would experience redness

• by Miles Sims

I like to take good care of my skin, and St. Ives Senstive skin Apricot Scrub helps me do just that. Although this scrub can be used for every day use, I like to use it once or twice a week just to exfoliate and get rid of dead skin cells. I do not have sensitive skin nor do I have acne, but I found that the other apricot scrubs literally scratch at your face due to those little apricot shards, and this is the only scrub I found from

St. Ives that does not have this effect.

I really like the St. Ives facial scrubs because they leave your skin feeling really soft and smooth, without drying it out. I am glad that I found a St. Ives scrub that doesn’t have those little shards of apricot, or whatever those things were, as part of the cleanser. This cleanser is perfect because it doesn’t have those shards, and has the same benefits that the rest of the St. Ives facial scrub product line has (which is that dramatic smooth feeling of the skin). Although the package says that it can be used for every day use, I wouldn’t recommend it. Regardless of whether it is for sensitive skin or not, it is still an exfoliates your face. I find that using this product twice a week gets me the best results, and if I were to use it any more than that, my face would get slightly red.

This product can be bought in any store in my surrounding area, such as Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Target, Zehrs, etc. It is very ...

• St. Ives: Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub
      widely available and also very cheap, running for about $5 or so for 170 grams of product. This package would last me a little more than a couple of months, since I use it twice a week. If you were to use it every day, it would probably last you a month or so.

I would give this product a rating of 8, because I feel the fact that they state that this product can be used every day was a little misleading. They probably said this because they want to

sell more of it quickly. I don’t have sensitive skin whatsoever (it is oily, heals quickly, and does not get irritated easily), but if I were to use this product more than four times a week, I would experience redness. And I have tried it. I recommend that anybody using this product should stick using it a couple times a week at most, because you have to remember that you can not exfoliate your face so often.

I’d recommend this product to anybody who has sensitive skin and needs a weekly exfoliant.

Rebecca Lee says :

How often can this facial scrub be used? Can I use it long term or is it just for once in awhile?

Ryche Macachor says :

Hi Rebecca I don’t think there’s any harm in using this product long term. I use it every day when I wash in the morning and before I sleep at night. Throughout the day, if I had to wash my face, I used ordinary facial wash instead.

Galega says :

Scrub is generally meant to be used sporadically. It works by removing dead skin, pollutants and chemicals from the outer layer of the skin. If you will start using it regularly, then there is possibility that new skin will also started to get peeled off which may not be an ideal solution. If you are going to use it for long term, use it once or maximum twice a week.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115041629420930/k2311a0415/4.15.14