Ipod Nano 6th Generation  » Electronics  »
  • While I'm not quite a huge fan of Apple products because I believe they are too mainstream, I decided to cave in and buy an Ipod nano after going through a countless amount of cheap MP3s that just did not work out for me
  • It actually looks like a watch, and I was extremely impressed by that and thought to myself, Hmm
  • The only problem I had with this Ipod is the price and the annoying Itunes program
  • Believe it or not, I think Zune is more bearable than Itunes (and Zune is not a pleasant experience, believe me)
  • I recommend it 100% if you're a patient person that loves cool watches

• by Miles Sims

While I’m not quite a huge fan of Apple products because I believe they are too “mainstream,” I decided to cave in and buy an Ipod nano after going through a countless amount of cheap MP3s that just did not work out for me. In total, all of those MP3s I went through ended up costing me the price of an Ipod nano, so you can imagine how fed up I became.

I purchased my Ipod nano from Best Buy for approximately $140 when it first came out a couple of years ago, and I got about 8gb of space for all of the music I desire. I normally don’t put that much music into my MP3s, and can normally suffice with a couple of gigabytes which can hold a minimum of 200 songs. So this amount was more than perfect for me.

I was very hesitant when I first purchased it, which was

due to the price and the fact that I swore I would never follow the crowd like a blind sheep. A constant thought rushed through my head as I was heading towards the cashier, which was., “My goodness, what a typical apple product. Costing so much and giving me so little. Now I’m the same as all of my classmates that blindly show off their Iphones and Ipods even though 90% of the darn population has one.” So to ease this thought, I decided to turn this Ipod into a music playing watch. And I found that really awesome. You can actually buy a watch strap for about $15, and clip your Ipod nano on easily. It actually looks like a watch, and I was extremely impressed by that and thought to myself, “Hmm.. This is not that bad, actually. It looks like a good quality watch, it has twenty different watch displays so it can portray itself as a watch, and I can carry it extremely easily when I work out.” So that part won me over, even though it was a very expensive “watch.”

When I brought it home, it was very easy to set up. You basically turn it on, set the date and time, and voilà, you’re done. I actually had a lot of fun choosing a different watch display and changing it constantly as if I had a new watch every single day. And I had a lot of fun tricking people that it was just a regular watch that can change its display and also telling them that it can play music, which it could. I couldn’t believe the majority of people I’ve met didn’t know you could simply hook an Ipod nano to a watch strap.

The only problem I had with this Ipod is the price and the annoying Itunes program.

• Ipod Nano 6th Generation
      I still have my Ipod after two years from purchase, and it’s running strong with no problems in sound quality or performance. But Itunes needs to constantly update, and sometimes it does not connect to my Ipod at all after the first year of use, forcing me to uninstall the program, and reinstall it every few days. I actually got fed up with the program, uninstalled it from my laptop for good, and then just moved all of my music to my phone and listen to it from there. Believe it or not, I think Zune is more bearable than Itunes (and Zune is not a pleasant experience, believe me).

I liked the fact that this is a perfect product for listening to music while you’re working out. It has a little application that calculates your steps and how far you’ve travelled, and I found that pretty cool. It’s extremely light, looks

really modern, it is extremely durable, and it is of amazing quality. I also liked the earphones it came with, because it fits well into my small ears (I really dislike those in-ear earphones) and lasted me a long time before they broke (a little over a year).

Overall, I really loved the product. Even though I generally don’t like Apple products because they’re basically shoved in my face everyday, I actually enjoy owning this one. I really dislike Itunes. And due to that annoying program, I am forced to give this wonderful product a lower rating, because I know anybody that buys this product will want to throw their computers out the window after using it.

I really want to give it a 9, but thanks to Itunes, this rating is going to have to be a 7.

I recommend it 100% if you’re a patient person that loves cool watches.

Ipod Nano 6th Generation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615041629400930/k2311a0415/4.15.14