Purchasing Staff Job  » Job  »
  • My boss said, we can be expert in this field when we have 5-10 years experience
  • But the pay is so dedicating and the environment of Japan is so safe that you would be confident walking and working around, the problem is the work stress
  • You wouldn't regret why you landed on this job since it pays high and you have greater opportunities in top countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan and more

• by k_rose
      I have been working 3 years as a Purchasing Staff engaging in international procurement and negotiations. My job consist of several and wide scope.

I am working in one of the biggest company in Tokyo (Mitsui Zosen Plant Engineering and Shipbuilding MES) and as a member it’s a huge pressure since we are few foreigners working in the company.

Working in the purchasing entails a lot of patience and perseverance.

Language barrier can be a hassle

too that is why purchasing functions and responsibilities are hard to learn.

It is a very delicate job since it mainly concerns money and legalities.

In my first year, I had to be familiar with so many legal economic terms and Incoterms like FOB, DDP, DDU and so on.

I had to be familiar with the responsibilities of a purchaser and vendor since it’s the fundamental basis on the rights.

A purchaser buy, negotiates, expedites, check ...

• if the product or services are properly delivered by the vendor.

We are not buying big equipments ranging from $100 - $ 10,000,000 so we are expected to be very careful at our job.

My boss said, we can be expert in this field when we have 5-10 years experience.

Wow!!! That’s a lot of work! But the pay is so dedicating and the environment of Japan is so safe that you would be confident walking

and working around, the problem is the work stress.

If you wanna decide to land on this job, you need to have some Commerce and Engineering background.

You wouldn’t regret why you landed on this job since it pays high and you have greater opportunities in top countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan and more.

I planned to stay for another 2 years more and get into a higher Purchasing position soon in the US.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 61605162941231/k2311a0516/5.16.07