Ice Cream Professional Hair Mask: Chestnut/Castano
  • I decided to go into my mother's cabinet, get the chestnut colour, and try it out for myself (I got her permission
  • It also stains the skin red, but I found that this effect lasts less than a day
  • Concerning the fact that this red tint seems to last in your hair for a couple of months (and I wash my hair every other day), it is definitely worth the trouble and I don't mind at all
  • I give this product a rating of ten, and the other few reviews I've found on the internet would agree with my rating
  • I would recommend this to anybody who has dry or dyed hair, or any one who just wants a little change without the commitment of bleaching your hair

• by Miles Sims

This product and company really deserve more popularity, but I’m guessing they didn’t obtain it because their hair product line is called “ice cream.” Imagine your friends saying, “Wow, your hair looks wonderful! What did you put in it?” And then you are forced to say, “Ice cream.” This is where it gets confusing and they just disregard it as a joke. Because of this, I’m guessing this company doesn’t sell by word of mouth.

What I’m really trying to say is that this company is largely underrated and unknown, at least when I tried to look for other reviews on it and by word of mouth in my area. My mother initially bought this product, a red colour and a chestnut (Castano is Italian for Chestnut) colour, in order

to nourish her dry, dyed hair and to add a little spark to it. I decided to go into my mother’s cabinet, get the chestnut colour, and try it out for myself (I got her permission.. somewhat. I loved the effect so much, that I decided to use it for myself every month or so.

The bottle recommends using this product after you take a shower and keeping it in your hair for 15 minutes. However, I’m a rebel and just use it while I’m in the shower and leave it in my hair for only a few minutes. Even after doing this, I still see the silky, nourishing, and shiny effects this product promises to deliver to hair. After drying, my hair has less annoying fly-aways, it is less

tangled, and it is much easier to run my hands through. Since I already have a natural chestnut hair colour, this product just seems to extenuate my hair colour, making it seem as if I have very subtle dark highlights. This beautiful effect normally lasts for nearly a month, and I never fail to maintain it.

I’ve also used the red colour from the ice cream Kromask collection, and it produces this red tint in my hair every time I go near bright lights, and it is absolutely gorgeous. I also like to spice things up and put this red tint in my hair every once in a while. However, this red tint stains really badly. If you’re using this outside the shower, keep all clothing, curtains, carpet, and ...

• Ice Cream Professional Hair Mask: Chestnut/Castano
      towels very far away from this product, because it will stain red and be impossible to get out. It also stains the skin red, but I found that this effect lasts less than a day. Concerning the fact that this red tint seems to last in your hair for a couple of months (and I wash my hair every other day), it is definitely worth the trouble and I don’t mind at all.

The only downfall I had with this product is the horrible way it stains while applying it, but that’s what you get when you want to temporarily taint your hair. However, staining of the hands can easily be prevented by wearing gloves (which I’m too lazy to wear in the shower). Also, the product is a little

pricey, running for about $15 a bottle from where I buy it in Shoppers Drug Mart. Since the colouring and nourishing effect lasts for over a month, and you would still have well over 2/3 of the bottle left over, I would say the price is very well worth it.

I give this product a rating of ten, and the other few reviews I’ve found on the internet would agree with my rating. There are also other colours of the product available, such as blonde, lighter brown, and others, if you’d like to have all the colours of the rainbow. I would recommend this to anybody who has dry or dyed hair, or any one who just wants a little change without the commitment of bleaching your hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115041629390930/k2311a0415/4.15.14