The Lego (Movie)  » Movies  »
  • I was just searching for some movies that can make my boring day awesome
  • Few days back, my friend shared his experience about The Lego movie
  • The movie was directed by one of my favourite directors Phin Lord who directed Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs and 21 Jump Street
  • Keeping in mind that I was a bit disappointed by the jokes that fell flat, but strongly influenced by the movie's story
  • On a final note, if you are a fan of the Lego figures I would surely recommend this movie to you and every single person that is looking to spend his leisure time at its best

• by Hamza Butt

I was just searching for some movies that can make my boring day awesome. Few days back, my friend shared his experience about The Lego movie. He said the movie was awesome and worth watching. So I thought to give it a try! The movie was directed by one of my favourite directors “Phin Lord” who directed Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs and 21 Jump Street.

I usually don’t like animations movies with robotic characters, but this movie has changed my opinion pretty much. Although it had robotic characters, but it managed to catch my attention somehow. Keeping in mind that I was a bit disappointed by the jokes that fell flat, but strongly influenced by the movie’s story. I have to say that

I liked this movie pretty much.

The movie follows lead character, Emmet who is totally a genuine LEGO character, but later is identified as the most extraordinary person and also the only hope for saving the world of LEGO. The movie highlights the epic journey of Emmet and his friends to stop the evil tyrant, Lord Buisness.

The best thing I liked about the movie was its story which got my attention quickly. In most of the movies the character that in the end saves the day is shown with the powers that can make a difference from the very beginning. But this movie comes up with a story where an ordinary mini-figure about whom no one really cares is given the powers and strength to make a difference. Just like the movie “Rise of the Guardian” where Jack Frost has no realisation of how well his powers can serve the kids and why they are given to him. A story with this element always have hooked me. And that is just why I enjoyed Rise of the Guardian to its very peak.

Another thing which makes me a fan of this movie is that its from the ones that can’t only be used for entertainment, but also you could learn a good lesson from them which is worth learning in practical life. The message I found was to never give up and have believe in yourself. When Emmet thought that he is nothing than a genuine worker who can’t work ...

• The Lego (Movie)
      without a manual no one truly cared about him, and some of his team mates didn’t even realised that he ever worked with them. When an unknown girl “Wyldstyle” tells him that he is a chosen one to save the world of LEGO (which she then realises was by mistake). The truth was that the prophecy was all made up, but all Emmet needed was to believe that he can accomplish what others can’t, and after someone made him believe that he can accomplish what others can’t he actually saved the day in the end.

Chriss Pratt got my attention in the voice department who voiced Emmet. I recognized his voice from “Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction (Video Game)” he voiced a character named

Cooper. I truly loved to listen his voice as the hero of the movie.

The only weakness I found in the movie was that it wasn’t as funny as I expected. Yes, there are some dialogues in the movie that will make you chuckle a bit, but I noticed an array of jokes that fell flat (in my opinion) as a whole I would have expected just a little bit more from the movie. Because when you see a movie being tagged under the Comedy genre, your expectations are always high.

On a final note, if you are a fan of the Lego figures I would surely recommend this movie to you and every single person that is looking to spend his leisure time at its best.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114041629351130/k2311a0414/4.14.14