Black Bird Manga
  • One day during my usual routine of procrastination, I decided to take up reading manga after watching a countless amount of anime series
  • Watching anime episodes take hours away from your life, and a lot of episodes (I found) were simply just filler episodes if you are committing yourself to watching a longer series like Naruto or One Piece
  • I enjoyed reading Black Bird very much, and liked the story line
  • When I think back on it, I don't remember it as black and white pictures
  • Also, I did not like it when one of my favourite characters died in the middle of the series (I won't mention names)

• by Miles Sims

One day during my usual routine of procrastination, I decided to take up reading manga after watching a countless amount of anime series. Watching anime episodes take hours away from your life, and a lot of episodes (I found) were simply just filler episodes if you are committing yourself to watching a longer series like Naruto or One Piece. I got fed up with that and discovered how quick and easy manga was to read.

So as I was browsing through this one website, I discovered the Black Bird manga. My process of choosing anime is this; Read half the description and then watch it. I’m a huge fan of supernatural and romance

anime, and so I’m glad to say that Black Bird is the first manga I have ever read. Due to my inexperience with manga, my opinion can not relate to most individuals who read manga constantly. So forgive me.

Black Bird is Japanese supernatural shōjo manga written and illustrated by Kanoko Sakurakoji. It revolves around a girl that can see supernatural beings (she calls them monsters). On her sixteenth birthday, these beings start trying to kill her. She is saved by a childhood friend from her past, and this is where the story unfolds.

I enjoyed reading Black Bird very much, and liked the story line. I don’t know if most manga readers get

this feeling, but I feel as if I was watching a movie. When I think back on it, I don’t remember it as black and white pictures. I remember it as moving, coloured video. Maybe that’s a good sign that I got really into it.

I’m a girl in her late teens, so I really am a sucker for silly, unrealistic romance. The romantic scenes and the enticing story line made me blush and anticipate more at the edge of my seat. However, some parts of this story really made me wince because of the lack of common sense these characters portrayed. Also, I did not like it when one of my favourite ...

• Black Bird Manga
      characters died in the middle of the series (I won’t mention names).

The story also seemed to drag on pointlessly. I really disliked the fact that it was filled with a lot of useless story line at the beginning and the middle of the series, and then just completely takes a full 180 degree turn at the end, squishing the turnaround into a few chapters. And I don’t know if it’s just me, but the story seems a little bit too cliché. Okay, so there’s a sixteen year old girl as the main character (already so typical) and she falls in love with an extremely cool and hot guy (even more typical). Oh,

and he turns out to be a monster (wow, didn’t see that coming). It’s a little bit like Twilight all over again.

Due to my naive disposition and the fact that I’m a clueless, teenage sucker for romance, I have to say I liked the series and have strong feelings towards it. However, my common sense is kicking in and telling me that it was not as good as my hormones say it is. So due to my common sense, it is telling me to take the rating down from a 15/10, to a 6/10.

If you like typical romance stories with a pretty predictable storyline and monsters, go for it. You won’t regret it.

Black Bird Manga
Odaruj says :

re : I enjoyed reading Black Bird very much, and liked the story line
i agree on this :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1713041629330730/k2311a0413/4.13.14