Tim Curry (actor)
  • I think that Tim Curry is one of those very underrated actors whose talent most people witness, but it isn’t really seen or recognised
  • He can play good guys and bad guys even though I’ve seen him play mostly villains and degenerates as I mentioned, which I believe is partly because of his strange smile and physical appearance
  • On the other hand in Clue, when he played the very peculiar Wadsworth, I was impressed with his ability to make his character very comedic
  • To add icing to the cake, while some of his characters are fairly similar in nature, I’ve noticed that none of them are the same
  • I would definitely recommend the movies of the actor Tim Curry since he is one of the best I’ve ever seen

• by Redtape

I think that Tim Curry is one of those very underrated actors whose talent most people witness, but it isn’t really seen or recognised. This is because a few other actors who are less deserving of the attention for whatever reason seem to overshadow him. There is a chance that most younger people might not even recognise the name despite his very large body of work, especially since he seems to have simmered down in the past couple of years and played less roles in film, television and theatre. However, his legacy still remains in the work that he did between the late sixties or early seventies to the mid to late nineties.

In case you’re wondering who this person is, he’s an English actor who is known for mostly playing the role of villains or degenerates. He also

has a rather strange smile that has earned him the nickname “Cheshire Cat” or “The Cheshire Cat” among some of his peers. Some of his movies that I personally love are “Clue”, where he played the role of the butler, Wadsworth, “The Three Musketeers” where he played Cardinal Richelieu and in the movie “Stephen King’s It” where he played the role of Pennywise. He’s also done some voice over acting for children’s series especially in the nineties, and appeared in a few television series.

What I absolutely adore about Tim Curry is that he has convinced me time and time again that he is able to play virtually any role that is handed to him. He can play good guys and bad guys even though I’ve seen him play mostly villains and degenerates as I mentioned, which I believe

is partly because of his strange smile and physical appearance. I remember when I first saw him as Cardinal Richelieu I was very young, but even then I was able to tell how brilliant his performance as this villain was. He played the type of villain that made most people’s skin crawl, giving another dimension to the character’s guile and lecherousness. On the other hand in Clue, when he played the very peculiar Wadsworth, I was impressed with his ability to make his character very comedic.

Curry is also a good actor because of the amount of energy he brings to each role he is in. No matter what I watch with him in it, and no matter how the movie is rated, I always feel that he is one of the actors who stand out the most since ...

• Tim Curry (actor)
      it seems like he puts everything into the role. I have never seen him in anything where he could be described as being campy either. The energy is usually just right and so very natural. To add icing to the cake, while some of his characters are fairly similar in nature, I’ve noticed that none of them are the same. This is unlike the characters that some actors play where I sometimes feel like I’m watching them play the exact same character over and over again.

I’m almost completely clueless about his personal life, since it seems to me that he doesn’t air much of his personal items like some other actors old and young. I’ve never even heard a speck of dirt about him, even though I know that could be because he’s much older now. Once I

read that he’s married and has one child, but his Wikipedia clearly states that piece of information isn’t true. There are one or two rumours on the net that he might be gay, but so far they only seem like rumours and nothing else. One thing I’m definitely sure about though is that he had a major stroke fairly recently and it seemed to have put his acting career on hold for a little while. Nevertheless, various sources claim that he’s on the road to recovery.

I would definitely recommend the movies of the actor Tim Curry since he is one of the best I’ve ever seen. If you’re a fan of any one of his performances you should probably check out his performance in the “Rocky Horror Picture Show” even though I haven’t seen it yet, in Clue and The Three Musketeers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5211041629210930/k2311a0411/4.11.14