BSNL Internet Service Provider  » Internet  »
  • The main problem is with customer care, once you have a problem, you will have tough time

• by none
      This is yet another broadband provider in the country. Its run by the government.

That’s the only problem! They have everything - money, infrastructure, potential � if they want they can do very well, and there will be no one to compete with them.

But, and it’s a BIG BUT, politics rules here, and hinders all the chances of scope of development.

The main problem is

with customer care, once you have a problem, you will have tough time! I am yet to meet anyone from BSNL customer Care, who has any authentic knowledge.

The take things fro granted, and refused to improve.

As I said, they can do very well as they, being the government, have all the resources with them.

Yet, despite in position to deliver, they fail to impress because ...

• of the reason, that are totally irrelevant, and unasked for!

Overall, the speed is very good, they connectivity is good as well, but there plans are hidden and fishy, and what looks like an 250 Rs.

Monthly plan, might turn out to be a bill in thousands, and there will be no one explain the reason to you, That, is in fact, the biggest problem.

The customer

care needs to improve a lot, and they need to be more honest to their customer while explaining the plans.

Most of the customer feels cheated later, but then they are helpless, cause then, its too late!

Overall, I would rate them 7 on scale of 10.

They are the only people, who can make is perfect 10, but that can only be done, if the attitude of the government changes.

Harish says :

I have this 750Rs broadband plan. Unlimited 256kbps. When I am downloading something, connection freezes after couple of hours. I need to restart the computer to have the internet connection again. It says somthing like Win 32 host services problem. I am using Windows XP.

Jules Li says :

Harish, you should check to see what programs you have running in the background on your computer. If you have multiple programs at once, it will take away all resources, which causes the PC to free when downloading. To check process click on start and type “process manager” in the search box and press enter. Click the processes tab. End any applications from here that are not necessary. Check to see if the problems persists after this.

Rama Rao says :

Sir, I have a broadband connection at my residence Phone 044 276 40369 , when I want to connect to our corporate Website - I am unable to connect it. From the office it is working fine, When I reported this matter to our corporate office in US, they idenfied and said that these ports are blocking access Service Protocol Source Support ISAKMP IPsec Key Management 17 UDP 500, 10001 for NAT Traversal IPsec Tunnel Encapsulation 50 ESP N A Request to eanable these functions to have remote access with our Corporate Website Caterpillar With regards Rama Rao

Jules Li says :

Rama, it seems like you may have a Firewall installed that’s possibly preventing you from accessing the website. Without knowing which firewall you’re using, it’s hard to be specific, but you should go in and disable the firewall to see if the issue persists.

preeti says :

BSNL i am having wirless connection relaed problem. for us we have taken bsnl internet service LAN and wireless, from starting LAN was not working but now we r connecting wirlesss it will show the status as connected but we are not able to surf and for this problam we went to bsnl office to office but still our problem is not solved and we dont know to whom we should contect.

Jules Li says :

Preet, if it’s an issue with the wireless, it’s likely to be caused by your router. I don’t know which type of router you have, but you may want to contact the manufacturer.

arun says :

i need internet connection for domestic uses.would u provide me internet in r.k.puram n also provide me internet plans.

Jules Li says :

Arun, you can view details on the plans here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211605162921231/k2311a0516/5.16.07