Christopher Lee (actor)
  • I only noticed him a long time ago in the early 2000s when the first Lord of the Rings movie came out, and he played the wizard Saruman
  • While I was still very young back then, I thought that his performance was many times better than that of most of the younger actors, including some of those who had even won awards for their roles
  • It was that I believe, rather than his celebrity status that caused him to stand out much more than some of those who also had some small roles
  • I remember being extremely impressed by the wizard fight scene between Saruman and Gandalf the Grey
  • I would recommend the movies of the actor Christopher Lee to those who love classic movies and those who were fans of him in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit

• by Redtape

One of the older actors that I respect the most right now is Christopher Lee, and I guess that while part of it has to do with the fact that I’m not very familiar with most older actors, most of it is actually because I have seen him in a few movies and thought that he was brilliant. I only noticed him a long time ago in the early 2000s when the first Lord of the Rings movie came out, and he played the wizard Saruman. While I was still very young back then, I thought that his performance was many times better than that of most of the younger actors, including some of those who had even won awards for their roles.

It was years later that I eventually decided

to check out some of Lee’s other works, including some of his older ones, and I have to admit that his performances were no less impressive than the ones that I had already seen. For example, I had seen his small role in the movie “Sleepy Hollow” alongside actor Johnny Depp, and I felt that his acting came off as rather intense even though the scene wasn’t very long. It was that I believe, rather than his celebrity status that caused him to stand out much more than some of those who also had some small roles.

I remember seeing one of the older movies he appeared in, “The Skull”, which was released in 1965. It was a horror movie, and even though the special effects and plot might make it

seem more like a comedy now, I believe that it’s one of the movies that Lee stood out in. While he is known for his intense fiery acting and characters, I thought his character Sir Matthew Phillips appeared rather calm in this one. Nevertheless, his role was still rather memorable.

Something else that I respect about him would have to be that he still seems to be in relatively good health despite his age. Lee is now in his 90s, and I don’t expect to see him doing complex stunts in action movies, but it’s always rather surprising to me when I see him play characters and bring so much raw energy to the screen, and he doesn’t seem to be putting in too much effort to do so. It’s ...

• Christopher Lee (actor)
      been roughly fourteen years since I’ve seen him in the first movie directed by Peter Jackson, and he still wasn’t very young then. I remember being extremely impressed by the wizard fight scene between Saruman and Gandalf the Grey. Now, years later I see him in a Hobbit movie and while he might not be as energetic as he was back then, it’s still obvious that he is not letting age get the best of him.

My respect for Christopher Lee also extends to his conduct. I’m not sure if it’s his first or even if their relationship works, but I read somewhere that he’s been married since the late nineteen sixties to his current wife. I don’t remember ever seeing anything too controversial or weird about him, and he doesn’t

seem to be one of the many very lecherous old men who are influential and have made names for themselves in the movie industry.

It’s clear that he has a very huge and impressive portfolio, especially after making a name for himself as Dracula in the late fifties. However, what disappoints me is that I haven’t seen him in many comedies. I’ve seen him play villains and good guys to perfection, but I believe that he would earn even more of my respect if his portfolio showed that he was also able to do comedic roles as well.

I would recommend the movies of the actor Christopher Lee to those who love classic movies and those who were fans of him in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5210041629170930/k2311a0410/4.10.14