Moe’s Southwest Grill in Downtown Savannah, Georgia  » Restaurants  »
150 W Julian Street Savannah, GA 31401
  • Moe's is one of my favorite fast foods, so I was thrilled when they put a location downtown that was open late on the weekends
  • I'm not a tomato fan and avoid the pico de gallo for that reason, so a corn salsa with few tomatoes is my ideal
  • Another thing I like about this location is that the portions are large and consistent
  • As with all Moe's, they have fresh ingredients and low prices which I love
  • I would definitely recommend giving it a chance

• by Melanie Noell

Moe’s is one of my favorite “fast foods,” so I was thrilled when they put a location downtown that was open late on the weekends. While this location has great portion sizes, great flavors and extended hours on the weekends, the wait time is often longer than other locations, and the organization seems to be a bit off.

This Moe’s offers the same menu items as all other Moe’s, and for me, it gets points right away for doing a great job with certain items that are sometimes off at other locations. The biggest one for me is their corn

salsa, in which they use plenty of roasted corn and very few tomatoes. I’m not a tomato fan and avoid the pico de gallo for that reason, so a corn salsa with few tomatoes is my ideal. They do a great job with this. Another simple item that varies at some locations that this one does a great job with is the fresh jalapenos. I’ve been to several locations that rough chop the jalapenos, leading to big chunks to be found in my burrito bowl; however, the downtown Savannah location does a great job chopping the jalapenos (and onions, cucumbers, etc. for that matter!) to a small size so that they blend in nicely with the other ingredients as opposed to overpowering the other flavors.

Another thing I like about this location is that the portions are large and consistent. Regardless of what time of day I visit, or who makes my burrito bowl, I get approximately the same amount of food every time, something I can’t say for all other locations. And they give out lots of food, which is great if I want to keep some as leftovers. As with all Moe’s, they have fresh ingredients and ...

• Moe's Southwest Grill in Downtown Savannah, Georgia
      low prices which I love. And this particular location is open till 3am on the weekends because it is located near many of the bars in downtown Savannah. It is my absolute favorite place to pick up a late night snack.

The staff at the downtown Savannah Moe’s is mostly friendly, but they do seem to go through employees quite frequently. It’s typically newer employees who do not have the same friendly attitude that long-term employees have, although they do seem to pick up on making stuff really quickly. The managers often seem a bit frazzled, as well, and I

think between constantly rotating employees and managers trying to train everyone, it makes the place feel quite disorganized. It’s a relatively new establishment, so perhaps they are simply finding their groove, but the wait times are longer here than other Moe’s, and the points deducted from my score really come from the disorganization and wait times more than anything else.

Overall, I really like this location for their portions, great tasting food and late night service. The organization needs to be improved, but it’s a great cheap option downtown, and more consistent than most other Moe’s. I would definitely recommend giving it a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 78041629031030/k2311a048/4.8.14