Elijah Wood (actor)
  • I’m not sure what his first role was, but I know that some of his earliest roles were in movies such as “Avalon”, “Back to the Future Part 2”, “Flipper” and “The Witness”
  • While I think that most people were floored by Culkin’s performance in this movie, I was also impressed by Wood’s performance since even then it seemed that it was very mature especially in comparison to the displayed skills of the average child actor
  • One thing I’ve noticed about Elijah’s acting career too is that he seems to play a lot of awkward and odd characters as he gets older
  • I thought that his character from the movie “The Faculty” was a little awkward and a bit of an outcast in comparison to many of the other characters
  • I would definitely recommend Elijah Wood’s movies to people who like drama, since he’s mostly in a lot of dramatic films

• by Redtape

One of the child actors that I remember from my childhood was Elijah Wood, even though he was a couple years older than me. At the time I remember that he stood out because he was in a few movies that showed off his acting talent, despite his age, and I remember because of his trademark big blue eyes. A couple of years later when he got older, he seemed to have dropped off my radar, since I hadn’t really seen him in any movies for a while. However, it was only when the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy was released that I realised where he was and began to take him much more seriously as an adult actor.

Since he began acting at a fairly young age, I always assumed

that perhaps he might have been related to someone in the movie industry. However, I soon found out that he gained auditions for small roles in movies after his parents moved to Los Angeles, which was the usual way. I’m not sure what his first role was, but I know that some of his earliest roles were in movies such as “Avalon”, “Back to the Future Part 2”, “Flipper” and “The Witness”. However the role that I will forever remember him in as a child was as Mark Evans in the movie called “The Good Son”.

In the movie, Wood played a little boy who goes to stay with his aunt and uncle after his mother dies from an illness. He soon finds out that his cousin, played by

a young Macaulay Culkin is a sociopath who takes pleasure in hurting animals and people and is trying to kill his little sister. While I think that most people were floored by Culkin’s performance in this movie, I was also impressed by Wood’s performance since even then it seemed that it was very mature especially in comparison to the displayed skills of the average child actor. He was able to convey a lot of emotion without having it look exaggerated or fake.

Wood’s performance as the hobbit Frodo in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy was a little different from his earlier ones and seemed to establish him as a more skilled adult actor. It showed that he could be versatile and play different roles from what he was used to.

• Elijah Wood (actor)
      I even thought that his “Middle Earth Accent” was as impeccable as it could get considering that he was neither from the United Kingdom nor New Zealand like most of the actors. However, there were some things that I wasn’t proud of with his performance in the trilogy. The first was that it seemed like he only kept one expression throughout most of the second and third films and the second was that many times especially during the really heartfelt or happier scenes his acting seemed so fake to the point where it was almost comical.

One thing I’ve noticed about Elijah’s acting career too is that he seems to play a lot of awkward and odd characters as he gets older. I thought that his character from the movie “The

Faculty” was a little awkward and a bit of an outcast in comparison to many of the other characters. His character in “Everything is Illuminated” was so awkward it was practically comical to me.

Something else that fascinates me about this actor is that I don’t remember ever hearing or reading about any dirt on him. I know that he goes out and has his fun like any other young person would, and I know that he bonded with the rest of the Fellowship cast in Lord of the Rings. However, I’ve never heard anything about him using drugs, drinking heavily or otherwise making a nuisance of himself to society.

I would definitely recommend Elijah Wood’s movies to people who like drama, since he’s mostly in a lot of dramatic films.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 528041629011030/k2311a048/4.8.14