Airtel Internet Service Provider
  • I have experienced most of the leading ISP in India, and among them, Airtel is the best
  • Most of the problem (which in fact I rarely have

• by none

I have experienced most of the leading ISP in India, and among them, Airtel is the best. There connectivity is superb, speed is good, and customer care is very prompt.

I use an unlimited plan which gives me a download speed of 10-12 kbps, and I only

pay Rs.

40 plus taxes for it.

As the plan is unlimited, I can have as much download as I want.

I don’t have any hassles, there server is rarely out of order, its very consistent in speed, and overall I am very much satisfied with it.

...

• The best part of Airtel is their Customer Service.

Those guys are very trained, and reply to you promptly.

Most of the problem (which in fact I rarely have!) is solved by them on-phone.

They guide you what you are suppose to do, and you just have

to follow their instructions, and the problem is solved!

Airtel is, undisputed king of ISP in the country, and it deserved to be there right on the top.

I am very happy with it, and have no hesitation recommending the same to every Indian.

I will give it 8 out of 10.

salman says :

Am a customer using gprs for past few weeks its good in service.but the daily charges 20 rupees for a day seems tobe heavier than other providers .my friend is using vodafone heis getting free gprs .he is only paying for what he doownloads.and another thing is that the some friends r paying 12 0r some 10 for gprs in ur airtel connection.i dont need the answer why it is been done.i will simply request u consider all customer in a same plan.or they will jump to other ISP even myself.but i really appreciate ur services coz my family is an airtel family ,all using ur connection.i hope u will entertain my request …thanx

Hi Salman,

You should have called customer care executive to sort out this issue. It seems to me that you haven’t taken any plan for Internet. It has also happened with me and then I realized the importance of specialized package.

Airtel is currently offering Rs. 98 package for one month with which you will get 2 GB of Internet connection. i think this will be sufficient for your needs and it will cost only Rs. 3.3 per day (against Rs. 20 you are paying currently).

vishal says :

I stay in Kalamboli Navi mumbai can you tell me like how much it cost for AirtelBroad Band connection and how much time it will take as i need it urgent..

Jules Li says :

Vishal, you will have to visit a local airtel branch to buy the service, so the amount of time that it will take depends on how soon you’re able to visit. Also, airtel offeres several plans. Here’s a link to access the plans for your region:

Galega says :

It won’t take any time to get connection. You need to just visit an Airtel Office near you (there are three in Navi Mumbai). Complete the formality and they will send an operator to do the rest. You can also call their customer care and they will guide you.

The best plan is that of Rs. 999. You will have to shell out Rs. 399 monthly for high speed Internet up to 50 GB per month.

tarun says :

please send me the list of all skim of net. and tell me how i can register myself for internet?

Jules Li says :

Tarun, you can register for the service online. Here’s a link to the registration form:

Hi Tarun,

Tariff (the scheme you are asking for) is not same in two circles. Inida has 22 circles for mobile and internet connection. You haven’t given the region from where you belong and hence it is really tough to give you the complete details about schemes and tariffs. Please check after selecting your region - here is the URL

As for registration, I think you are asking for ways to get the Internet Connection. The rule is similar throughout India. You need to provide some forms of Know Your Customer (KYC) documents which includes one Identity Card (which contains your photo) and one residential proof along with two passport size photographs. Go to any Airtel office and provide these documents. they will instantly register you and will provide you the connection.

raghu jalpaiguguri says :

what is the max speed at present and when will the 3g serviae will start?

Jules Li says :

The 3G service is currently available. It supports speeds from 1 mbps, up to 2.8 mbps.

Raghu,

You should mention your region. Airtel has started 3G, but only in 7 regions out of 22. Out of four metros, it has launched service in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. There is no 3G from Airtel in Kolkata. However, they are doing some test for 4G in that city.

They had some arrangements with Idea and Vodafone to offer it in other zones where they have not won the 3G spectrum. However, the Supreme Court has forbids them to do so. As things happen, if you are not falling in the 7 zones, you are unlikely to enjoy Airtel 3G.

The speed is quite better with 3G. I have experience with Airtel 3G in Delhi/NCR region where i constantly get download speed of 2 to 3.5 mbps and upload speed of up to 1 mbps. It is really fast. The speed is Airtel is offering through 3G is same in all regions and hence you should also get the same speed irrespective of your locations.

pramod says :

I m using airtel sim in my data card for internet purpose. From past 2 weeks I m facing a problem. The problem is once i get connected it autometically gets disconnected after 5 min. Pls tell me wat can be the solution…..

Jules Li says :

One of the first things that you should do for this problem is to unplug the modem and plug it back in. After doing this, reboot your computer and re-connect to the internet. This re-establishes your connection to the internet, which usually helps with these types of issues. If it persists, the next thing that you should do is to check to make sure that there aren’t any technical issues with the network in your area. I’m not sure of where you’re located but you can find this out by contacting airtel. Although unlikely, if the issue persists it could be a problem with the sim card or the modem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211505162901031/k2311a0515/5.15.07