DigiPower Digital SLR Travel Charger for Canon Batteries
  • I was in a rush when I bought this travel charger, and I wasn't very happy with it
  • This product is definitely nowhere near worth that price with its cheaply made pieces and excessive amount of parts
  • When I went online to research the return policy and/or alternative products, I found that Best Buy had it on sale - online only - for $17.99
  • My major problem with this product is that it has way too many parts that are very cheaply made
  • I wouldn't recommend this product unless you have several compatible Canon camera batteries and need the convenience of a travel charger

• by Melanie Noell

I was in a rush when I bought this travel charger, and I wasn’t very happy with it. Part of the blame is on me for not thoroughly researching the product, but part of it is that it’s a substandard product.

The DigiPower DSLR travel charger is available at Best Buy as well as at a number of online sources that I have since checked. When I briefly looked over charger prices, they seemed to hover between $20-$25 online, which is what I was expecting when driving up to the store. However, when I got there, I was shocked that this one - the only one that seemed compatible with my camera - was a whopping $41.99. It seemed really overpriced, but I was in a rush and didn’t think much of it. This product is definitely nowhere near worth that price

with its cheaply made pieces and excessive amount of parts. When I went online to research the return policy and/or alternative products, I found that Best Buy had it on sale - online only - for $17.99. That’s not a small difference, and it infuriated me. I guess it has little to do with the product itself, but if places are charging $42 for a product, you should definitely stay away. It’s not worth that. But if you can find it for under $20, it’s a decent enough product.

My major problem with this product is that it has way too many parts that are very cheaply made. The plastic is lightweight and feels like it could break - in fact, I thought I had broken it while switching out some of the interchangeable parts - which is terrible for someone like me

who is rough on their products. However, because it’s a travel charger, you could consider its light weight a positive because it takes up less weight in your bag. It’s still not much less than a regular charger, which I would advise you using unless you simply cannot pack lightly. Like I mentioned before, I felt as though I almost broke one of the parts, and that’s because it comes with 8 different interchangeable battery “fits” that attach to the main plug/charger plate. Sliding them on gives you a decent (at best) fit that seems like with extended use will wear out and eventually not give a good charge because of the light contact between plates. For someone with multiple Canon batteries, this product could be useful (although I don’t know where you would carry the 8 different parts this product ...

• DigiPower Digital SLR Travel Charger for Canon Batteries
      comes with!) but for me, the extra pieces are useless and inconvenient. If you only have one Canon DSLR, you can find a better product that doesn’t create so much waste.

This charger does come with both an American and European plug, which means you don’t need to use an adapter with it; however, if you’ve ever traveled to Europe, you probably know that there are plenty of other products that you’ll need the adapter for. It’s fairly small and the charging takes place right on the outlet, which is a nice change from having a cord running all over the place. It has a little light indicator to let you know when the battery is fully charged which is useful. It claims the charge time is only an hour, but I charged mine for about an hour and a half and

the light never changed from being red. So either the light is not working, or it takes longer than an hour. The battery did show a full charge though (which can mean anything from about 80%-100%) so it does give a decently quick charge.

I’m planning on returning the product for something a little more compact, but some of my issues with the product doesn’t apply to everyone. It’s a fairly quick charger, and the charger itself can be conveniently plugged in; however, if you only have one camera, the 8 interchangeable chargers are just a waste. The quality also relies on the price - get it for under $20 and it’s a pretty good value, but anything above and it’s not worth it. I wouldn’t recommend this product unless you have several compatible Canon camera batteries and need the convenience of a travel charger.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4328031628690931/k2311a0328/3.28.14