Electrolux EWFLJ1 water filter  » Housewares  »
  • I recommend it to anyone out there - it is a game changer

• by Stanimir Genov

Recently I spent a few days in the hospital with kidney problems. After getting better, while speaking with my doctor, she mentioned that the water that I drink has a big impact on how my kidneys work. I asked if I should buy mineral water and to my surprise she said “no”. As it turns out, mineral water can be problematic when recovering from kidney problems. Her suggestion was that I get a water filter and keep drinking water the way I have always done it.

I went

to the shop and started looking. It seemed that the price is pretty high for these things and at the lower end of the price range, most of the products are pretty cheap-looking. Meaning that parts fall off while using them (literally).

In the end I chose the Electrolux EWFLJ1 water filter.

As it turns out, most of the filters are small and circle-shaped. This filter is flat and takes the entire width. This means that water goes trough it quicker and you can drink water sooner. Most of the other products take a few minutes before you can do this - they have a small surface.

The Electrolux water filter has a small electronic device right on the handle. When you press its button once, it displays a percentage of the time until you have to change the filter. This device is in no way connected to the filter itself, so it just measures the time between filter changes. When you change the filter you hold the button for three second and reset it.

The build quality ...

• Electrolux EWFLJ1 water filter
      is pretty decent. It is a nice addition to my kitchen. It looks good and the design for pouring water is genius. It has a small piece of plastic that covers the hole and it does not let dust in. The same piece also stops the water from spilling when you are pouring in a glass.

The filters are easily changeable - you simply take it out and put the next one in. It fits perfectly and is ready to use. After applying for a new filter you have

to throw out the first 2l of water because it contains small particles from the filter.

The water quality is great. Right now I can’t see my life without it. When the filter is worn out and I have to drink tap water, I can’t understand how I could do this before. The tap water seems weird and I can’t drink enough of it - I am used to the filtered water now.

Overall it’s a great product! And for a low price!

I recommend it to anyone out there - it is a game changer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5327031628660831/k2311a0327/3.27.14