Roper 3.4-cu ft. Top-Load Washer  » Housewares  »
  • My other problem is that I have loaded a small comforter into the washer, and although it fit with a bit of room to spare, it didn't really get very clean
  • While this washer can hold a lot of smaller items, I wouldn't recommend using it for a single large item like a comforter
  • Mine has been running great for several years, and I think it would be difficult to find a better washer for the price
  • Definitely a good purchase if you're tired of going to the laundromat

• by Melanie Noell

The simple top-load Roper washing machine is a good value and seems to be a long-lasting washer capable of handling most household fabrics. This washer is available at Lowe’s for about $400, which is a good price for what you’re getting compared to some of the more well-known brands. It’s easy to use and has enough features to wash heavily soiled fabrics as well as delicates.

The washer features three different options for load size (which means you can conserve water by choosing the appropriate size) as well as 3 options for the water temperature. I rarely ever use

the hot setting, and I’m glad it offers so many different options because it gives me the opportunity to either wash more clothes and dirtier clothes, or wash less and save both water and energy used to heat the water. For the actual wash cycle, there are options for normal wash and delicate, and the delicate cycle combined with cold water is ideal if I want to wash a load of delicates of different colors. The dials for selecting water temp, load size and wash cycle are clearly marked and easy to use as is the start button, and the top-load door makes it easy to pile in clothing, making this a very user-friendly washer.

For the most part, everything I’ve washed has come out fine except for two small issues. I once did a delicate cycle with a see-through material shirt that ended up snagging on the bottom of the part that spins, and it tore a hole in the shirt. It’s only happened once, and the material was quite delicate, so for extreme delicates, I’ve decided to stick to hand-washing; however, most items that are labeled to wash on the delicate cycle should be fine.

• Roper 3.4-cu ft. Top-Load Washer
      My other problem is that I have loaded a small comforter into the washer, and although it fit with a bit of room to spare, it didn’t really get very clean. There was still lint stuck to it, and I assume its because it was the only item in the washer so there was little friction as a result; since then, I’ve taken the comforter to a laundromat. While this washer can hold a lot of smaller items, I wouldn’t recommend using it for a single large item like a comforter.

The design of the washer is fairly simple

- white with gray and black font for the different instructions and buttons. It’s not meant to look very pretty - it’s just a simple, functional value washing machine. If you’re looking for something fancy to go along with a designer home, this probably won’t be your ideal washer, but if you are looking for something affordable that works, I would definitely recommend this Roper model. Mine has been running great for several years, and I think it would be difficult to find a better washer for the price. Definitely a good purchase if you’re tired of going to the laundromat!

Carol Gibson says :

It’s true that one can go around the weak points of the standard Roper washer. I don’t do anything by hand unless it’s arts and crafts. My mom used to make fun of me, but that’s how I am. I want to reserve time for doing creative works, since I have an option to do so. Plus, I love the outdoors and gardening, and don’t want to mess with any appliance that’s sub standard. I had to do that years ago, and I’m thankful for convenient, quality products that I have in my home right now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5324031628550631/k2311a0324/3.24.14