Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset  » Hardware  »
United States
  • I've had this headset for over one year now and it's still one of the best wireless gaming headsets on the market
  • The voice changers are my personal favorite because it's easy to turn on and off, and I like to mess with people in game
  • The G930 can be used while charging if you'd like which is a really nice feature in my opinion
  • The only thing I don't like about this is a really simple squeak that the headset makes when I put the headset on (This is caused by the plastic rubbing together on the headset)
  • This headset is a great deal and I'd recommend it to anyone that wants wireless 7.1 surround sound

• by Hunter A.

If you’re looking for a great wireless headset for gaming, watching movies, or anything else that would require great sound quality in a Dolby 7.1 surround sound system, Logitech’s G930 headset might be for you. Using a 2.4 GHz wireless connection, the G930 offers a strong and fast connection that can extend an upwards of 40 ft. The G930 comes in at about $100 US Dollars, and includes a plethora of features. I’ve had this headset for over one year now and it’s still one of the best wireless gaming headsets on the market.

Logitech managed to jam a ton of awesome features into this headset and I’ll explain each one and my opinion on them. First off is the Dolby 7.1 surround sound.

The sound quality when using the 7.1 surround sound is absolutely incredible. While playing popular video games such as Call of Duty or Battlefield, you can easily hear any enemy that tries to sneak up on you, giving you the upper hand in combat. For movies, this is a great headset to have if you’re not trying to disturb someone due to it’s noise canceling ear pads.

Some of the other features include the awesome programmable “G” keys on the left side of the headset. The keys can be programmed using Logitech’s Gaming software (most if not all of their gaming products use this). Some default options include voice changers (produced by streaming bee), play files from windows media player, and a few other features that are less commonly used. The voice changers are my personal favorite because it’s easy to turn on and off, and I like to mess with people in game.

Logitech also implemented some really handy features to the headset for ease of use and accessibility. When muting the microphone, you can easily tilt the physical microphone up, and it will mute, or you can use the easily accessible mute button on the right ear cup. There is also an easily accessible volume wheel on the left hand side to turn the volume up or down with out closing out of your game (Logitech uses the same wheel in their G19 keyboards). On the left ear cup, there is an easily accessible switch to ...

• Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset
      toggle the Dolby 7.1 surround sound back and fourth to stereo sound.

As far as battery life goes, the G930 offers a great battery life. It lasts anywhere from 9-12 hours of constant use. After 15 minutes of inactivity, the G930 will turn itself off to preserve the battery life. A nice feature that Logitech made handy is the charging cord. It comes on a spool like circular piece of plastic that allows the wire to be stored neatly when not in use, and there is a USB port on the top of this for the headsets receiver to be neatly placed. The G930 can be used while charging if you’d like which is a really nice feature in my opinion.

The only

thing I don’t like about this is a really simple squeak that the headset makes when I put the headset on (This is caused by the plastic rubbing together on the headset). I’ve had this headset for a long time and I can’t find a better deal on a wireless headset with 7.1 surround sound anywhere. It’s super comfortable and doesn’t give me a headache when wearing it for long hours. It’s not 100% friendly to users that use glasses because they get stuck on the inner ear cup, but fixing it is as easy as taking the headset off and putting it back on. This headset is a great deal and I’d recommend it to anyone that wants wireless 7.1 surround sound.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3321031628240931/k2311a0321/3.21.14