Intel Core i7 4770k processor
United States
  • One thing I really love about this processor is how simple it is to use out of the box
  • I would only recommend the 4770k to those that are true pc enthusiasts, serious gamers, anyone that uses 3D modeling like CAD systems, and photo or video editors
  • This processor is definitely worth looking inti

• by Hunter A.

If you’re a pc gamer or enthusiast, Intel’s Core i7 4770k may be for you. I’ve been using this processor for going on 5 months now and I have to say that it’s been able to handle everything I need and much more. It has its own built-in graphics processor (video card) for those that don’t need one, but that can be disabled in the BIOS. The chip is a socket 1150 and is runs with a Z87 chip-set. I’ve tested this card to its limits and I’m ready to tell the world how it runs!

The i7 4770k runs at about $340 USD and comes factory unlocked (meaning that it can be manually over clocked), and has 12mb L3 Cache, and runs stock at 3.4 GHZ. I’ve used

the processor in comparison with some others for Gaming, Video Editing, and tons of other processes. I’ve overclocked the chip to 4.4GHZ and had it run stable for days.

One thing I really love about this processor is how simple it is to use out of the box. The instructions were simple, carefully set it in the motherboard, lock it in, and off you go! I’ve been using this card with an ASUS Maximus Hero motherboard, two 250gb ssd’s in RAID 0, 16gb of ram running at 2133mhz, and a Corsair H100i liquid cooler. I’ve used the stock cooler as much as the liquid cooler also.

I’ll start with the box, when opened, the box is pretty simple. There’s a case badge, some instructions and warranty info, a small

heat sync and fan, and the processor itself. I can’t say it looks to be the safest packaging because the processor is literally on the top, but it seems to have gotten to me in working condition. There is little packaging to protect the very fragile gold connector pins (That by the way if just touched improperly can result in failure of the chip working). But other than that it was pretty simple.

After the instillation, I proceeded to update all of my drivers for the motherboard and processor, so I could then test the card further. I started opening some games and running them with the integrated graphics to see how they would run. Battlefield 3 ran at an average of 30 Frames per second on high. Battlefield ...

• Intel Core i7 4770k processor
      4 ran at an average of 32 Frames per second on medium. ArmA 3 ran at 23 average frames per second. Last but not least, Metro Last Light ran an average of 18 Frames per second on medium settings. So the integrated graphics aren’t really for gamers that care about the look of the game. When I used my GTX 770 with the new processor, I got an average of 60+ FPS on all of the above games, while running them on High (1920×1080).

I proceeded to install the liquid cooler to test the overclocking potential. I managed to get the card up to 4.4 GHZ after some constant tampering with the voltages. I ran a processor stress test called “Intel Burn Test” and left it running on 4.4GHZ

for 24 straight hours. The temperature never exceeded 80 Degrees Celsius which is understandable when it’s being pushed to its limits. Most real world applications would never push it that hard also.

The over all quality of this processor is very high. I’ve used it for everything that I can think of, and it has done more than I ever expected it to. I would only recommend the 4770k to those that are true pc enthusiasts, serious gamers, anyone that uses 3D modeling like CAD systems, and photo or video editors. Aside from the poor packaging, the processor itself is grade A material. With 4 cores of pure power, this card is my #1 choice and I’d choose it again if I had to. This processor is definitely worth looking inti!

re : This processor is definitely worth looking inti
It’s true that this processor is kind of low maintenance and high delivery kind of thing. At some point and still is a good processor for the money you pay for it, though the technology is already 5 years old.

re : This processor is definitely worth looking inti
I wouldn’t recommend this processor to anyone who wants to build a gaming or high end rig, the LGA1150 socket is old style now. Instead i would recommend an I7 9700K processor, the price is under 400$ , the price/performance is actually better than of the 4700K, the benchmark comparison puts it way above the 4700K in speed and any system build around the 9700k processor will last at least 3-5 years, delivering great performance. The only time i would recommend a 4700K if someone just want his/her system to last just a bit more and an update to the processor would actually help achieving that.

re : This processor is definitely worth looking inti
At this point it’s not really, the harsh fact is that the I7 4770k is dead when it comes to high end pc rig. With the LGA1150 technology to use only DDR3, older processors and such, also the fact that the 9th generation 9700K for exemple from single core to multi core is faster anywhere from 31% on one core and 85% on multi core there is just no justification to even think about it. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to throw away the 4700K, it was one of the best processor ever and the price / performance was amazing, if you have a system around that than just keep it for a while longer, if you want to buy a new, i wouldn’t recommend 4700K at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3314031627940631/k2311a0314/3.14.14