Playstation Vita
  • Okay, so I've had the Sony PlayStation Vita for a little while now and I think I can confidently say that I know its strengths and weaknesses
  • To ease any anxiety, I can definitely say that it is well worth the money
  • With PS3-rivaling graphics and fluid gameplay, every game I've played on this system has been an enjoyable experience
  • That's the main reason why I love this system so much
  • I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the PS Vita to anyone looking for gaming on the go, or at home

• by Nathan Allen

Okay, so I’ve had the Sony PlayStation Vita for a little while now and I think I can confidently say that I know its strengths and weaknesses. To ease any anxiety, I can definitely say that it is well worth the money. However, just to get the elephant out of the room, I’ll start with the bad things.

First, the PS Vita is a bit light on content at the moment. When it comes to games, however, the ones that it has are great. But these seem to be far and few between. Major console games that are ported to the PS Vita are rarely slam-dunk games that you’ll be playing with the rest of your console savvy friends. You will get the occasional Need For Speed or Ultimate Marvel vS. Capcom 3, but even

these aren’t cross play. You will get quality games, but if you are the kind of person that blazes past a game in a week, then you might yourself running out of options pretty fast.

Our friends at Sony seemed to be aiming for a ‘Playstation-smartphone’ mix with this one. The PS Vita does run apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Youtube, Skype, Netflix… and uh, that’s about it for the one’s you’ll probably ever use. Sony had started to pack apps onto this bad-boy at first, but stopped for some reason, leaving consumers stranded with the same old stuff.

Other random cons of the PS Vita are trivial. It’s not super loud when listening through headphones, the browser could be a bit faster, the camera is… meh.

Okay, so now that I’m done bashing this

thing, let me explain why, despite it’s flaws, I still love it. First, though it may not have many games, the ones it does have are excellent. With PS3-rivaling graphics and fluid gameplay, every game I’ve played on this system has been an enjoyable experience. That’s the main reason why I love this system so much. As a matter of fact, I sold my PS3 because I stopped playing it! The PS Vita plays lag-free even when your in the most crowded and populated stages of any game. It also stays relatively lag free during online gameplay. If there was lag, it was never the system’s fault, it was always my own personal Wi-Fi server messing up. As far as games, the PS Vita has something for everyone. Though not a ...

• Playstation Vita
      ton of options to choose from, the games that are available will satisfy any particular gaming itch in any genre.

Outside of gaming, the PS Vita still thrives, with Youtube and Netflix being my secondary means of entertainment. The system can hold music, photos, and videos, but be careful because downloaded content seems to sap a lot of memory from this guy. All apps run flawlessly, but as previously mentioned, the browser is a bit slow.

The overall feel of the PS Vita is second to none. I had a PSP Go and PSP 3000 before this system. The PSP Go felt cramped due to its micro size, and the PSP 3000 felt like a toy because it was so light. The PS Vita, however, feels great to hold, with controls that feel comfortable and a

heavy-ish feel that screams “I’m durable!” Which it is: I’ve dropped my PS Vita on tile several times, and after a panic filled dive to pick it up, it still worked perfectly. The edges, however, are prone to scratches from drops, so I would recommend a case. I never bought one, but if I could rewind time and buy one, I would.

This little box is one of the best video-game related purchases I’ve ever made, and there are zero regrets with my decision. With the biggest flaw being lack of quantity of content, the system more than makes up for it with quality. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the PS Vita to anyone looking for gaming on the go, or at home! Believe me, the PS Vita will give you a bang for your buck!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1614031627920631/k2311a0314/3.14.14