Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
  • I noticed that I started to become low on space
  • I was really impressed with the load time in Battlefield 4, there was no more waiting for load screens at the beginning of matches
  • The only issue I think I have about these storage drives, would have to be the price
  • I know that this brand has a good reputation and that's why I purchased it, but there are other brands that offer nearly the same speeds for $10-$30 less
  • I'd only recommend these drives to someone that uses their computer for work or someone that does a lot of gaming and is willing to pay to eliminate the load times

• by Hunter A.

I picked up the 250GB model of the 840 for about $200 sometime in early December. When I got it, it took me about 45 minutes from time time of opening the box to have it fully installed on my machine. The first thing I did was install windows on it and set it as my boot drive. Moving from a 7200 RPM Hard Disk, the load time was 100x faster.

Not long after, I moved all of my graphic and video editing software onto the solid state disk. Photoshop wouldn’t take long to open at all, I moved from a 1-2 minute

load time to 1-2 seconds. Everything is incredibly responsive and loads super fast. I started to move some games on to the solid state in late December. I installed Battlefield 4, ArmA 3, Rust, and Assassins Creed Black Flag onto the Drive. I noticed that I started to become low on space. I ended up ordering a second solid state that was the same as the first. I was really impressed with the load time in Battlefield 4, there was no more waiting for load screens at the beginning of matches. ArmA 3 had no load time at the initial launch of the
      game. The other games weren’t much different either.

I heard from a friend that I could put the disks in an array known as RAID. I then proceeded to learn more about it, and not long after put the disks in RAID 0. This means that the two disks work as one and in theory deliver speeds of each individual drive added together. It took me some time to get it set up (the process was quite confusing to me at first), but it was well worth it in the end. When I booted up my system, I was blown away by the ...

• Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
      speed that the operating system loaded, and all of my start-up processes had loaded. I went from 4 minutes (Hard Drive), to roughly 40 Seconds (Single Solid State), to about 12 Seconds (Both Solid States in RAID 0).

I still use my old 2TB Hard Disk in the array RAID 1 (This means it backs up everything). As RAID 0 is still unsafe. It backs up everything I have saved on my drives twice a day (24 hour day).

I absolutely ADORE the Samsung 840 EVO. I have thought of upgrading to the pro version, but I see no real reason to at

this point. The only issue I think I have about these storage drives, would have to be the price. I know that this brand has a good reputation and that’s why I purchased it, but there are other brands that offer nearly the same speeds for $10-$30 less. The pro version is the same way. I’m sure over time, these drives will really drop down in price, but as of now, its still pretty expensive. I’d only recommend these drives to someone that uses their computer for work or someone that does a lot of gaming and is willing to pay to eliminate the load times.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3314031627820631/k2311a0314/3.14.14