The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey Movie
  • This atmosphere , at least in my opinion , is completely missed by Peter Jackson and replaced by an epic feeling in the spirit of his trilogy The Lord of the Rings
  • My hope was that with The Hobbit Jackson will capture the feeling of Fellowship , but again he chose the path of the blockbuster - thunders crashing and monsters fill the first three hours of the film The Hobbit, which, incidentally completely unnecessary, is stretched and at times boring
  • I think this is one of the readings that can turn each person into a child again
  • To me at least it caused a numbing headache, which further soured my movie experience

• by Svetoslav Bogdanov

After some time that I have delayed it I finally managed to find time and go watch the beginning of the new epic trilogy by Peter Jackson, this time based on “The Hobbit” - the first book written by J.R.R. Tolkien. Before I move forward , I would like to say that the book is something special for me. It was that book that got me into fantasy in the first place. For the first time I saw it after my mom read it when I was very small, even before I started school. Then I read it myself, and then again and again - at least ten times. I admit - for years I did not look through it, but I remember it quite vividly, and the thing that I remember from the atmosphere - an old, good story, warm and cozy. This atmosphere , at least in my opinion , is completely missed by Peter Jackson and replaced by an “epic” feeling in the spirit of his trilogy “The Lord of the Rings.”

Before I go on, I’ll be completely honest. “The Fellowship of the Ring” in my opinion

is a masterpiece , but “The Two Towers” and “The Return of the King” I found to be quite noisy, ugly as a vision compared to the pictures that the words of Tolkien conjured up in my mind. My hope was that with ” The Hobbit ” Jackson will capture the feeling of “Fellowship”, but again he chose the path of the blockbuster - thunders crashing and monsters fill the first three hours of the film ” The Hobbit,” which, incidentally completely unnecessary, is stretched and at times boring. What’s the story? Even if you’ve read the book I should explain it to you , as it is quite decorated to the original story. Bilbo Baggins is a simple hobbit of the Shire who is paid a surprise visit one night by a bunch of dwarves and the wizard Gandalf .

The dwarves , led by Thorin Oakenshield are the descendants of Erebor - the last of the great dwarven kingdoms of Middle-earth ravaged by a fire-breathing dragon Smaug sixty years ago. The omens suggest that it is time that it be reclaimed from the monster. For this purpose, Torin has

gathered his most loyal dwarfs, and on the advice of the wise Gandalf the group has alsoinvited the courageous, although slightly clumsy at first Bilbo. Although reason advises the hobbit to refuse this insane proposal, he finally accepts and joins the adventure. For a great misfortune, the old enemy of Thorin, the pale orc Asog also finds out about the journey and puts a bounty on the dwarves while and also goes after them with his yargs - if you do not remember “The Two Towers” these are something like huge anabolic wolves. The biggest threat, however, was discovered by the wizard Radagast in the old fortress Dol Guldur, where a mysterious figure is rising, that returns the dead to life…

The story , as you can see is epic and in this there would be nothing wrong if it was not taking away from the story on which it is based. I do not know what you felt when you read “The Hobbit”, but to me personally this book warmed up my soul. I think this is one of the readings that can turn each person into a child again .

• The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey Movie
      In the film this is all lost - it is not an adaptation of the book, but an epic 3D prequel to the Lord of The Rings trilogy, which constantly reminds us of the noisy battles and the pathetically ugly monsters. Here comes another one of my criticism to Jackson. “The Hobbit”, while pleasing enough for the more mature readers, is a tale for children. This is its charm. The Jackson creatures , especially the goblins of the Misty Mountains , are better suited for horror movies. Especially the huge goblin king with something like a tumor on his cheek beats in nastiness even the creatures from “Prometheus” by Ridley Scott, and this is not something I was looking for and expecting from this story.

As a cherry on top of the ice-cream was the new revolutionary 3D, used by Jackson. To me at least it caused a numbing headache, which further soured my movie experience. Everything said here does not change the fact that the film had its strong moments. The actor who plays Bilbo Baggins is very good in his role and builds a poignant character to which the

viewer can not help but become attached - just as to the literary archetype. Ian McKellen has not lost any of his charm over the years, Gandalf and Thorin Oakenshield are really awesome in their roles.

I feel that the scene with the riddles in the Darkness is brilliant and the scenes in which Bilbo rescues Thorin and finally befriends him might even make the more sensitive weep. I also liked the scenes with the dragon - Jackson really creates a scary monster and the idea not to show it is very good and enhances the emotion. One can not help but bristle from the visit to Dol Guldur and Radagast I think is a funny character. The scene where he rescues a hedgehog and fools the orcs with a sleigh pulled by giant rabbits was not in the original story, but I think it fits in spirit. If the majority of the movie reminded of this, I think it would be better. But Jackson chose another way and the result is a powerful cinema epic story filled with battles and illustrated by incredible special effects. Tolkien’s book , however, I think deserved more.

Jazz Faisal says :

re : My hope was that with The Hobbit Jackson will capture the feeling of Fellowship , but again he chose the path of the blockbuster - thunders crashing and monsters fill the first three hours of the film The Hobbit, which, incidentally completely unnecessary, is stretched and at times boring
I agree their were some unnecessary stuff but I enjoyed it because visual effects were breathtaking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119031627521131/k2311a039/3.9.14