Beowulf Film
  • The film for many may remain incomprehensible, and not because it is complicated , but because it takes too much to cover the whole story with the too little in my opinion 113 minutes
  • It seemed to me that the very scenes were peppered with realistic and at times rude humor, which if missed I think would cause the characters to go crazy under the circumstances

• by Svetoslav Bogdanov

Robert Zemeckis, John Malkovich, Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins, Ray Winstone. A pantheon of names builds this incredibly well recreated story of Beowulf based on the Norse legend of the same name. The movie grabbed me from the first moment at the sight of the decrepit and tired Hrothgar (Anthony Hopkins) who is relying on his old glory, abusing the confidence of his people. Then appears the monstrous creature Grendel (Crispin Glover), terrorizing the people unnecessarily.

These were scenes such as I had never seen before. So well executed, so stylishly made ​​despite the brutality that represent the actions of the monster. I stood shocked at how a breathing human being could be thrown as some kind of trashy rag relegated

on the closest blades foreshadowing a gloomy destiny. I was asking myself how could something whatever it is, be able to tear flesh like it is paper.

After that the story without a delay transfers to the powerful figure of Beowulf (Ray Winstone). A hero who some people call a living demon because of his courage and undying thirst for challenges. A man who effortlessly fights with giant sea serpents, ripping them open without any effort. A man who is able to swim days and nights in a stormy sea without a break. A man, a person who nevertheless has flaws and weaknesses. Then appears Unfert (John Malkovich). The closest adviser to Hrothgar (Anthony Hopkins), who does not trust in the

words of the unwary Beowulf for his heroic feats and with contempt watches over his actions until he is assured of the latter’s incredible skills, pride, and strenght.

But it is not only Germond that is an obstacle for Beowulf (Ray Winstone), the monstrous mother of the being is an obstacle to the whole human race ( Angelina Jolie), the last surviving demon. The fearless man without a shred of fear throws himself into her maw, but is he able to defeat such a powerful enemy? Or the monster has found a trick that would evade Beowulf. Years later, everything turns into hell, and this time “the mistakes of our fathers” as screams Unfert (John Malkovich), aged and dying attached ...

• Beowulf Film
      to a smoldering cross. Whether this has anything to do with Beowulf (Ray Winstone) and the golden dragon that appeared from the depths of the endless dark caves?

The film for many may remain incomprehensible, and not because it is complicated , but because it takes too much to cover the whole story with the too little in my opinion 113 minutes. And yet it seems to me as if anyone who was involved in the film seems to have given a piece of themselves. I feel that this is a masterpiece that reaches a peak and sharpened my senses to the extreme. Chills were running down my skin while I was watching it, and my mind was screaming indignantly against

the beauty of the scenes.

In the construction of the film is woven the well developed technology that generates computer images, and the perfect acting done by the actors. It seemed to me that the very scenes were peppered with realistic and at times rude humor, which if missed I think would cause the characters to go crazy under the circumstances. I think for the ending I can not say anything more than the above lines. Surely the film will live in my memory much longer than many of the fantasy movies that I’ve seen lately. The film is definitely not for children and requires a rather serious worldview to be absorbed in one breath, but I think it is totally worth it.

Andrew Leith says :

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127021627371128/k2311a0227/2.27.14