Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD
  • After a grueling month doing Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred, I decided to take advantage of the momentum by moving forward with her Ripped in 30 DVD
  • I love that it only lasts 30 to 35 minutes which means I can always squeeze it in my schedule whether in the morning or in the evening after work
  • Whether I lose 10 pounds or 1 pound, I'd still consider it progress either way
  • Overall, I am happy with Ripped in 30 and I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have the luxury of time to exercise everyday

• by divinagwapa

After a grueling month doing Jillian Michael’s 30-Day Shred, I decided to take advantage of the momentum by moving forward with her Ripped in 30 DVD.

The workout DVD includes 4 levels, one level for each week. On average, the exercises last about 30 to 35 minutes inclusive of the warm-up and cool down. The recommendation is to do it 5 to 6 times a week always allotting at least 1 day for rest. For optimal results, the DVD comes with a 30-day diet plan with meal suggestions and recipes to choose from.

Given that I abhor exercising for long

periods of time, Jillian Michael’s Ripped in 30 is the perfect follow-up for the 30-Day Shred. I love that it only lasts 30 to 35 minutes which means I can always squeeze it in my schedule whether in the morning or in the evening after work.

I started the DVD on a Monday and did it everyday until Friday. For Saturdays, I was running for 30 minutes with my siblings and Sundays are reserved for my rest days. The first week of Ripped in 30 was manageable. It was not exactly easy but I handled the exercise quite well if

I say so myself. I used a pair of 3-pound dumbbells since I don’t have 5 or 8-pound versions. I also followed the advanced movements over the beginner option.

The first week moved along to second then third. It was during the third week that I was feeling the brunt of the workout on my muscles. The exercise is harder as well but I still did 5 days a week to stick with the routine. Finally, the fourth week came marking the culmination of another month-long exercise journey with Jillian. Using my heart monitor watch, I was usually burning an ...

• Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD
      average of 170 to 180 calories per exercise.

In the end, I lost about 3 lbs for the entire month. It was not I was expecting. I was hoping I’d lose more since the exercises are a bit harder than the 30-day Shred. Nonetheless, I was content with the results. Whether I lose 10 pounds or 1 pound, I’d still consider it progress either way.

I guess one reason why I did not lose as much weight as I hoped is because I did not follow the meal plan. I try to eat healthy as much as possible and I

limit my caloric intake to just 1,200 calories per day but following the DVD’s meal plan isn’t just possible for me. Also worth considering is my job. I sit all day in front of the computer so I guess that factors in to the low number.

Overall, I am happy with Ripped in 30 and I’d recommend it to anyone who doesn’t have the luxury of time to exercise everyday. It’s as much about the number but it’s about the discipline. By exercise 5 to 6 times a week, you’d eventually develop the habit of getting active first thing in the morning.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427021627291128/k2311a0227/2.27.14