Star Trek Into Darkness Movie  » Movies  »
  • For those who know me it is no secret at all that Star Trek from 2009 is one of my favorite movies of all time
  • And now that I saw the sequel with the name Into Darkness I can say what I think of it
  • What really impressed me was how each member of the crew played his or her role by the end of the film , and for none of the characters can it be said that their role was too small or insignificant
  • The focus is mainly on the action and although it was made very skillfully , with a wonderful sense of pace, amazing special effects and plenty of memorable moments , I can say that I was slightly disappointed by the lack of research spirit that is the trademark of the series
  • My opinion is that these are things that can become a problem for the next parts, but do not take from the pleasure of this really great and stunning sequel

• by Svetoslav Bogdanov

When the fierce and ruthless John Harrison threatens to destroy by himself the Federation, Captain Kirk and his crew may be the only ones who can stop him. For this purpose , they must take a dangerous mission into the enemy territory, where one wrong move could mean an open galactic war. The question that I asked myself was whether they can cope with this challenge , or will they fall forever in the darkness?

For those who know me it is no secret at all that “Star Trek” from 2009 is one of my favorite movies of all time. Before watching it , I never was interested in Star Trek as a series. I had fleeting memories of two or three of the old movies that I had caught on TV or from a nearby video

store while they had it. Not that I did not like Star Trek, rather I was quite indifferent. Star Wars was my passion while growing up. That all changed when the first movie came out. And now that I saw the sequel with the name “Into Darkness” I can say what I think of it.

My opinion is that it is absolutely brilliant. To me it is a visual feast, which continues to offer more and more breathtaking views. The scenario is a nice balance between drama and humor that managed to both make me laugh at many places at the same time be quite emotional also. What really impressed me was how each member of the crew played his or her role by the end of the film , and for none of the characters can it be said that their role was too small or insignificant. Each character has its own voice and identity , which is not only a sign of a good script , but a really great acting. For me the most memorable one was Simon Pegg , Karl Urban and Benedict Kamberbach. Respectively Scotty, Dr. McCoy and John Harrison. Anyone who has even one line in the film, gives everything from themselves and there is something to be proud of, but I think what these three manage to do is simply amazing.

However, I have some criticism for “Into Darkness.” For starters, the Star Trek series is dedicated to the exploration of the new. Unknown planets , new civilizations, unseen wonders of the cosmos that open possibilities for complex philosophical and moral problems. “Into Darkness” does not offer ...

• Star Trek Into Darkness Movie
      much in this respect , especially for fans of the series. The focus is mainly on the action and although it was made very skillfully , with a wonderful sense of pace, amazing special effects and plenty of memorable moments , I can say that I was slightly disappointed by the lack of research spirit that is the trademark of the series. Fortunately, the ending of the movie suggests that the third movie will fix that. Another problem that is somewhat related to this is a sense of repetition . I can not say I’m downright a Star Trek fan , but after 2009 I was able to see part of the universe, and with a considerable part of the elements of “Into Darkness” I think that I was quite familiar with.

The movie is right

on the line between showing respect for the old stories and outright theft of ideas from them. Yet I believe that enough is changed for the new series to be interesting , but I would really like for them to go into the next movies in a whole new direction, with completely unique storylines and situations. Otherwise there is a high risk for these series to just start treading in one place and rely on its previous success. All this is just a concern of mine for the future of the series. I don’t think that these are issues of “Into Darkness “. My opinion is that these are things that can become a problem for the next parts, but do not take from the pleasure of this really great and stunning sequel! I really liked it.

Linsay Moore says :

I really enjoyed watching this movie Now I will have to say that I’m not an avid Star Trek watcher but I have seen part 1 in addition to this one. JJ Abrams did a wonderful job with this movie from the actors and always allowing for some type of humor inside of these types of movies.

I wasn’t sure what to make of Khan when we were first introduced to him but he clearly became a certified villain as the movie progressed. I was also glad that the movie also focused on solidifying the friendship between Kirk and Spock. Spock is very intelligent but can also be very emotionless because of his Vulcan side. So to see him be more human and understand why Kirk do the actions that he does was very uplifting.

But by far my favorite part of the movie was to see the Klingons This definitely has me looking forward to hopefully a third installment of this movie just to see the action between the Enterprise and the Klingons. I think that movie will be the best one out the series Hopefully it comes to fruition

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1126021627260828/k2311a0226/2.26.14