The Call (Movie 2013)  » Movies  »
  • I know for the a majority of the movie I was yelling at the different characters and actions

• by nitakb

As a fan of Halle Berry, I tend to tune into most everything she is featured in. When seeing the preview trailers for The Call, I was excited and dead set on seeing it. The previews were intriguing, but in a simple kind of way.

The Call isn’t meant to be a scary movie, but a thriller that makes you jump and want to scream and shout at the screen. I know for the a majority of the movie I was yelling at the different characters and actions.

The storyline revolves around Jordan, who dispatches 911 calls. While doing her job, she comes across one

particular call with a teen who has someone breaking into her house. She directs the girl into a hiding spot, away from the offender which works until the call is disconnected and Jordan calls back, giving away the teenager’s hiding spot to the offender who was getting ready to leave. He back tracks, following the ringtone and finds girl.

After a little creepiness from the offender the line goes dead living the Jordan hanging on the other end.

Obviously because she called back, and caused the offender to hear where the girl was hiding, she feels guilty and reasonable for the kidnapping and later on the death of the girl. Which makes her give up dispatching and become a trainer for other potential individuals for the job instead. Until one day, when she’s training, a new dispatcher get a call from a kidnapped teenager girl whose on a disposable cell phone.

This is when Jordan jumps back into action, going into full dispatch mode. She’s determined to get this girl back to safety. If it’s the last thing she does.

From here the movie takes off. We see the kidnapper, who turns out to be a really sick and twisted, disturbed man who in fact has a family too. In ...

• The Call (Movie 2013)
      all honestly, The Call reminded me of a couple of episodes of criminal minds. You have the unsub, the creepy motive, a trigger and a old hideout place that supposedly, no one knows about and then there’s the torture and whatever he’s going after.

The movie certainly kept my attention. I wouldn’t call the movie predictable but I would say, that some of the parts you can really see coming.

Of course Jordan plays the dedicated role, in going to investigate for herself since whatever the police is doing just isn’t enough for her piece of mind.

The acting in this movie, is

believable. On some parts it’s a little jerky and little odd but it’s good enough. The offender is creepy of enough to make your skin crawl. The teenager’s fear is real and Jordan’s attitude toward finding her is authentic and not overly done.

In the end I really enjoyed this movie. The ending is kind of unexpected. I was so set on seeing one thing, but ended up seeing something completely different. For a little over a hour and a half I was glued to my chair and taken for a roller coaster. It was great, never the less.

I would recommend this movie a friend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125021627190928/k2311a0225/2.25.14