Hellmann’s Creamy Balsamic Mayonnaise  » Food  »
  • The Hellmann's Creamy Balsamic Mayonnaise is one of those still relatively new flavors that I recently got around to finally trying, in part because I had a one dollar off coupon for this particular variety and it was already on sale, so it only cost me one dollar and fifty cents for a thirty ounce bottle
  • If you're a fan of balsamic vinegar dressing, I think you'll really enjoy this creamy, richly-flavored mayonnaise
  • It could be I was simply so impressed with the taste of it, my mind is perceiving the texture to better as well, but regardless, I know that this is a mayonnaise that not only satisfies my taste buds, but also spreads easily and evenly and has a pleasant creamy quality to it
  • I only wish that I would've given this Hellmann's product a try sooner, but now that I know it's an excellent one, I'll be a regular buyer for sure

• by CirclingCanvas

Mayonnaise is one of the many products on the market now that has gradually taken over more and more space on store shelves. Popularity of it and its multitude of foods that it goes with is surely part of the reason, but also, companies like Hellmann’s has been making different varieties of mayonnaise available to customers. The Hellmann’s Creamy Balsamic Mayonnaise is one of those still relatively new flavors that I recently got around to finally trying, in part because I had a one dollar off coupon for this particular variety and it was already on sale, so it only

cost me one dollar and fifty cents for a thirty ounce bottle! It was a real steal of a deal!

If you’re a fan of balsamic vinegar dressing, I think you’ll really enjoy this creamy, richly-flavored mayonnaise. The familiar Hellmann’s mayonnaise taste is still there and predominately strong, but there’s a noticeable hint of balsamic vinegar in every taste, giving the mayonnaise a slightly sweet flavor. The ingredients compliment one another well and no matter what I’ve put this mayonnaise on, be it hamburgers, tuna salad, hot dogs, chicken, whatever, the richness of the balsamic vinegar-infused mayonnaise tastes great and adds to the meal in ways regular mayonnaise simply wouldn’t. Before trying this, I didn’t think of what it would be like if balsamic vinegar was mixed in with mayonnaise, but now, I see it’s a flavor combination that’s really good!

I think the balsamic vinegar also helps with the creaminess of the mayonnaise. It may only be my imagination, but this variety of mayonnaise seems smoother and creamier than regular mayonnaise. I haven’t tried the two side by side on something or anything like that, but to me, it seems a little less thick and slightly easier to spread. It could ...

• Hellmann's Creamy Balsamic Mayonnaise
      be I was simply so impressed with the taste of it, my mind is perceiving the texture to better as well, but regardless, I know that this is a mayonnaise that not only satisfies my taste buds, but also spreads easily and evenly and has a pleasant creamy quality to it. Hellmann’s has always been a quality brand in my eyes, but I think the company particularly outdid itself with this flavor of mayonnaise!

Mayonnaise is one of those condiments that goes well on a variety of meat, including hamburgers, chicken and turkey and it can be used for other things

too, like salads and be used as an ingredient in dips and other recipes. If your household is a regular user of mayonnaise and also happen to use and like balsamic vinegar, I encourage you to give this mayonnaise a try the next time it’s on your grocery list. It has deliciously delectable taste that stands out and a quite creamy and smooth texture that only makes it even easier to spread and enjoy. I only wish that I would’ve given this Hellmann’s product a try sooner, but now that I know it’s an excellent one, I’ll be a regular buyer for sure!

Barbara says :

re : The Hellmann’s Creamy Balsamic Mayonnaise is one of those still relatively new flavors that I recently got around to finally trying, in part because I had a one dollar off coupon for this particular variety and it was already on sale, so it only cost me one dollar and fifty cents for a thirty ounce bottle
I love this product but can’t find it anymore. Where can I purchase it?

Rebecca Lee says :

Hi I know the Wal-Mart near me (Athens ga) carries for $ 3.86 per 30 fl oz jar. I would check Wal-Mart first, then I would also check Sam’s Club and Costco since they are bulk grocery stores they are also very likely to have it. I know Wal-Mart does though so I would check there first.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Some grocery chains, like Walmart, have a product locator on their website that allows you to type in your zip code and it will tell you the nearest Walmarts that have it in stock. I can find it at Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons and Tom Thumb, locally, but if none of the stores in your particular area carry it any longer, there’s always Amazon.com, among other online retails, that may have the product available for shipping straight to your doorstep.

CirclingCanvas replies :

You can go to Walmart.com, type in Hellmann s Creamy Balsamic Mayonnaise, click on the search result for the product and type in your zip code to see if any local Walmart stores have it in stock. It’s an easy way to find out what Walmart stores may carry it without driving around or making phone calls

7hereviewer says :

re : I only wish that I would’ve given this Hellmann’s product a try sooner, but now that I know it’s an excellent one, I’ll be a regular buyer for sure
I just read your review and I must admit that from the picture this product looks amazing, and from your description I deduce you really liked it. I just started using balsamic vinegar about a year ago and I like it very much so I will definitely check out in the store for this product.

CirclingCanvas replies :

I think there is a good chance that you will like this mayonnaise, then. For me, it’s one of my favorite kinds of mayonnaise simply because of the pleasant creaminess of the texture and the flavor of it. There’s a lot of mayonnaise to choose from at the store, and yes, there are healthier and cheaper varieties on the shelf, but I feel this one is one of the most enjoyable and I hope that you like it when you try it.

7hereviewer says :

I went to the store today but couldn’t find this mayonnaise. I guess I will keep looking.
I agree with you that there are cheaper and healthier varieties but I don’t eat mayonnaise often, like maybe a few times a month so when I eat it I want the one that will make that pleasure memorable.

CirclingCanvas replies :

That’s unfortunate to hear, sorry. Last time I bought it, I had a coupon that saved me one dollar if I bought two, and I’ve had them for awhile since I don’t go through mayonnaise that fast. It may not even be carried by as many stores anymore, since I just checked Walmart’s website for it and it says it’s no longer carried.

7hereviewer says :

I live in Europe so Walmart can’t help me. But I will keep looking…or maybe I’ll just add some balsamic vinegar to regular Hellmann’s mayonnaise for starters.

CirclingCanvas replies :

That sounds like a good idea. Although I doubt it will be exactly the same, I do think it will add some extra flavor to your favorite mayonnaise and change up the texture a bit. I honestly think that might be your best bet since it seems it’s not really available much, if at all, anymore. I can no longer find it in my area either and haven’t been able to find it online like through Amazon, either. Looks like we may have to make our own creamy balsamic mayonnaise from now on, sadly.

7hereviewer says :

Maybe it was some special edition or something?

CirclingCanvas replies :

From what I remember, I think I saw it on store shelves for at least a year and a half, or so, so I don’t think it was a special edition, but then again, I guess that could have been the case or perhaps it sadly just didn’t sell well enough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2725021627180928/k2311a0225/2.25.14