Medeiros Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • I wasn't expecting a very high quality olive oil at this store, but I found this one to be impressive considering how low the price was
  • You definitely don't get any added luxuries like a glass bottle (this is a plastic bottle with a plastic screw top,) but that's the type of thing I expected from such an inexpensive olive oil
  • I've never seen this product anywhere other than Save-A-Lot, so while it is extremely convenient and cheap if you are located near a Save-A-Lot, it might not be available at regular grocery stores, and it's definitely not enough of a bargain to warrant driving all the way out to a Save-A-Lot
  • I would recommend if you buy this olive oil that you transfer it to a better container, like a glass bottle with a spout, because the opening from which you pour the olive oil is very large and very imprecise making it very easy to overpower and waste olive oil
  • The taste of this olive oil is a bit above average in my opinion when you compare it to similarly priced, bargain extra virgin olive oils

• by Melanie Noell

I live within walking distance from a Save-A-Lot grocery store, so when I came home one night to cook and realized I was out of olive oil, I went to the nearest store to pick some up. I wasn’t expecting a very high quality olive oil at this store, but I found this one to be impressive considering how low the price was.

At only a few dollars for 17oz, this is by far one of the cheapest olive oils I’ve ever seen. You definitely don’t get any

added luxuries like a glass bottle (this is a plastic bottle with a plastic screw top,) but that’s the type of thing I expected from such an inexpensive olive oil. I’ve never seen this product anywhere other than Save-A-Lot, so while it is extremely convenient and cheap if you are located near a Save-A-Lot, it might not be available at regular grocery stores, and it’s definitely not enough of a bargain to warrant driving all the way out to a Save-A-Lot! I would recommend if you buy this olive oil that you transfer it to a better container, like a glass bottle with a spout, because the opening from which you pour the olive oil is very large and very imprecise making it very easy to overpower and waste olive oil!

The taste of this olive oil is a bit above average in my opinion when you compare it to similarly priced, bargain extra virgin olive oils. It definitely can’t compete with some of the really expensive, high quality brands and it does tend to ...

• Medeiros Extra Virgin Olive Oil
      have a slightly acrid aftertaste if you are using it as a dip or not flavoring it. However, I typically use my extra virgin olive oil for cooking - and that’s what the first recommended use is on the bottle - so the slight aftertaste is not noticeable. Instead, it’s a nice consistency that works well for marinading and cooking. I have even used it for salad dressing with some balsamic vinegar and it gives the richness of olive oil; the aftertaste is not necessarily noticeable when
      it’s paired with balsamic vinegar. I would not use it as a bread dipping oil, though.

Overall, this is a good value if you’re looking for a cooking olive oil that is inexpensive. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it on its own - pay a few extra dollars for a huge increase in quality if you’re looking for a dipping olive oil; it will last if you don’t interchange it with your cooking oil! If you need something inexpensive and above average quality, I would recommend trying this olive oil.

Brian says :

re : I wasn’t expecting a very high quality olive oil at this store, but I found this one to be impressive considering how low the price was
I just got a bottle from Save a Lot. It smells like linseed oil rancid. This is not a case of expired stock, either. It is not even close to expiration date.

Galega says :

It is definitely adulterated. You should immediately return it. The scent of I suggest you to find the harvest date of Olive. It will give you an indication about freshness.

Laura U says :

re : The taste of this olive oil is a bit above average in my opinion when you compare it to similarly priced, bargain extra virgin olive oils
I bought this olive oil based on the reviews. It was awful. I roasted asparagus tossed in this oil. The after taste was terrible. We ended up throwing out our asparagus. This will teach me to try to save a few minutes by picking something up at Sav-A-Lot. I would not recommend this olive oil at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718021626900228/k2311a0218/2.18.14