Gene Wilder (actor)  » People  »
  • I found out recently that he either hasn’t been in a lot of movies or hasn’t received credit for them since the late nineties
  • However, I think that if I list a couple of his more popular roles, it might ring a bell
  • While I was born many years after many of his more popular movies were released, I’m still proud to consider myself a fan of his talent
  • However, the few facts that I know about him are the name “Gene Wilder” is actually a stage name, that he was bullied in school and that he is of Jewish heritage
  • I would recommend his movies to people who like comedies from the seventies and eighties, and those who’ve seen him in other movies and like his acting

• by Redtape

I remember hearing the name “Gene Wilder” being thrown about the place especially when I was very little, but I didn’t know until very recently which was actually a couple years ago that it was actually the name of a very famous actor. It didn’t take me long to match the name with a face, and it was then that I discovered that he was one of those old actors who I always wondered about and what happened to them. I found out recently that he either hasn’t been in a lot of movies or hasn’t received credit for them since the late nineties.

Like what happened with me, especially if you’re under a certain age, you might be unfamiliar with the name, or probably heard of his name and haven’t put a face to it yet. However, I think that if I

list a couple of his more popular roles, it might ring a bell. Long before the actor Johnny Depp played the role of “Willy Wonka” in the movie “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”, Gene Wilder had played the role of “Willy Wonka” in the 1971 version that was called “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”. Wilder was also known for playing the part of “Dr. Frankenstein” in the 1974 comedy “Young Frankenstein”. He also played the lead in one of my personal favourites, “Haunted Honeymoon”.

While I was born many years after many of his more popular movies were released, I’m still proud to consider myself a fan of his talent. Like many of his fans I’m able to tell that the man has talent since he has proven that he is able to play literally any role such be it serious roles or comedic roles. Of the few movies that I’ve watched with him in it though, I’ve never seen him play anything very controversial or taboo. I would have loved to see that since I feel it would make me respect him even more as an actor.

I never really loved the movie “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”, and somehow I guess that had something to do with the fact that it felt slightly outdated before I got the chance to watch it. Despite the fact that quite a lot of his fans seemed to have loved him in that movie, one of my favourites was actually “Young Frankenstein”. I haven’t watched it very recently, but I remember watching it several times years ago when I was still very young, just before I went into high school. While the picture itself was in ...

• Gene Wilder (actor)
      black and white, it was actually the modern aura of it, and utter boredom that made me watch it the first time. However, I never regretted it. I can remember how I laughed so hard at this parody of the actual story, and of Wilder’s performance as “Dr. Frankenstein”. It was this movie that made me interested in finding out more of some of the old horror movies such as those that came from Hammer Horror.

“Haunted Honeymoon”, despite its very low rating was another one of my favourites when I was much younger. The last time I watched it was years ago before I went into high school, and I didn’t even know the name of it. What I do remember was that I found it to be extremely hilarious at the time and watched it several more times after that.

I never forgot the movie, and spent years after searching ceaselessly for the name of it, and asking people if they remembered it by describing different scenes that I remembered. However, it doesn’t seem to be as popular as I thought, since no one seemed to have any idea what I meant.

Any personal information that I might have on the actor Gene Wilder is almost non existent, partly because of my laziness and otherwise disinterest in finding out too much about his personal life. However, the few facts that I know about him are the name “Gene Wilder” is actually a stage name, that he was bullied in school and that he is of Jewish heritage.

I would recommend his movies to people who like comedies from the seventies and eighties, and those who’ve seen him in other movies and like his acting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5218021626880228/k2311a0218/2.18.14