Jake Gyllenhaal (actor)
  • I know that he was around from the nineteen nineties as a child actor, but I don’t think that he was very popular since I don’t remember seeing him then
  • I also read somewhere that he was in the 1999 movie “October Sky”, which I think I watched some time after it was released, so I might have seen him in it
  • Again, I thought that Jake’s performance as the main character was amazing, which I now know further cemented him as being a talented actor, since he was able to play two completely different characters in two competely different situations in two completely different movie genres
  • Even though I didn’t understand or appreciate it at first since I was still so young, one of my favourite movies that he has appeared in is “Donnie Darko”
  • I would definitely recommend the movies of the actor Jake Gyllenhaal to people who like watching movies

• by Redtape

My memory of when I first became aware of the actorJake Gyllenhaal” is a little sketchy. I know that he was around from the nineteen nineties as a child actor, but I don’t think that he was very popular since I don’t remember seeing him then. I also read somewhere that he was in the 1999 movie “October Sky”, which I think I watched some time after it was released, so I might have seen him in it. Nevertheless whatever the case was, I do remember seeing him in the movie “Donnie Darko” one night a couple years ago, which I always remembered him for. I remember being almost completely unable to understand the movie at the time, and I guess a lot of that had to be because of my inexperience and youth, but one

thing that struck me about it back then was the performance of the actors in it, including the one who played Darko himself, “Jake Gyllenhaal”.

It felt like I was always looking for him in movies afterwards since I recognised his talent as a young actor. It made me happy when I eventually saw him in the movie “Bubbly Boy”, which I eventually found out was released in the same year as “Donnie Darko”. I never saw the trailer for it, so it took about a year for me to see the movie on cable when school was on a break. Again, I thought that Jake’s performance as the main character was amazing, which I now know further cemented him as being a talented actor, since he was able to play two completely different characters in two

competely different situations in two completely different movie genres. This meant that he wasn’t willing to stay in his comfort zone, could adapt and spoke volumes of what his future might be like in the movie industry. It also meant that he takes his acting very seriously.

Jake Gyllenhaal’s personal life remains somewhat of a mystery to me, especially since I’m not really the type to go prodding into actors and celebrities personal business intentionally. I know that he has a sister, “Maggie Gyllenhaal”, who is also well respected in the business as an actress, and has played roles in movies such as “Batman: Dark Knight”, “Donnie Darko” and “Hysteria”. I also know that his parents were a director and screenwriter respectively.

• Jake Gyllenhaal (actor)
      one of my favourite movies that he has appeared in is “Donnie Darko”. I can remember thinking that the movie was very abstract when I first watched it, and I couldn’t for the life of me understand Donnie’s hallucinations. However, it was only after seeing one of my friends who was schizophrenic have a nervous breakdown years later and after understanding what schizophrenia was that I began to finally understand and appreciate the movie.

The second role that I liked him in was the movie “Brokeback Mountain” where he acted side by side the late actor Heath Ledger. In the movie, both men played a gay couple from different backgrounds who connected with each other romantically and sexually after taking a job on a mountain. As I’ve mentioned in previous reviews I’m usually not a fan of romance

movies since I generally find them either generic, too unrealistic or boring. However, I believe that both actors including Jake, brought a certain depth to their characters that added volumes to the movie.

Some of Gyllenhaal’s other popular movies include “Source Code”, “Prince of Persia: Sands of Time”, “The Day after Tomorrow” and “End of Watch”.

While Jake has been in one or two movies that I didn’t like, I can’t recall him actually doing a performance that I wasn’t satisfied with. It almost seems to me like he does the best that he can and puts his best into every role that he has despite whatever resources he may be provided with.

I would definitely recommend the movies of the actor Jake Gyllenhaal to people who like watching movies. I truly hope that he wins an Oscar someday.

Azriel says :

Have you watched his latest movie, NightCrawler? It was really a good movie and sure he was so effective at that role as a cameraman. He was ruthless and it showed by his reactions and all. I kinda loved him more watching this movie. Last movie I love that he starred on was the Source Code.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5218021626860228/k2311a0218/2.18.14