Katherine Heigl (actress)  » People  »
2.5
  • I found myself constantly looking for the young actress who played “Nicole” in it, and was extremely happy when I saw her again in the Disney movie “Wish Upon a Star”, which I still love to this very day
  • In my opinion, that can mean either one of two things
  • I’m really not a fan of that genre, and so it’s very rare that I would be seen watching one of those unless there is a specific actor in it that I like, or I feel as if the plot might not be so bad after all
  • There is no character that she has played that has made an impression on me, but I can tell you what I think one of her worst roles was, and that was Stephanie Plum from “One for the Money”
  • A lot of the romantic comedy fans I know seem to like her, so I would recommend her films to people who like romantic comedies

• by Redtape

One of the most popular actresses around right now is Katherine Heigl, partly because her beauty makes her so distinct and also because she’s been in a lot of mainstream movies over the past couple years. Her appearance in a lot of romance movies and the popular television series “Grey’s Anatomy” have gained her more attention. However, funny enough I remember her from back when she was still fairly young and appeared in the movie “My Father the Hero” side by side Gerard Depardieu in the mid nineties. For some reason, I loved that movie back then even though I admit I was a little too young to understand it fully. I found myself constantly looking for the young actress who played “Nicole” in it, and was extremely happy when I saw her again in the Disney movie “Wish Upon a Star”, which I still love

to this very day.

Since Katherine has played so many loveable characters over the years, I would expect her to be a charming person in real life. However, rumour has it that she’s very hard to work with as an actress and a person. I’ve read that she’s extremely demanding and at one point no one wanted to work with her. I’ve personally never met her, or spent a long enough time around her in order to confirm whether this is or isn’t true. However, for the meantime it remains only a rumour especially since it seems that she is getting quite a bit of roles whether or not they are romance movies.

One of the things that maximises my respect for some actors is when they decide to come out of their comfort zone and play characters in controversial situations or roles and use their talent to have the viewer sympathise with or relate to their character. This is why I liked actors such as Leonardo Dicaprio in the movie Basketball Diaries where he played a young drug addict or more recently Matthew Mcconaughey in the movie “Dallas Buyers Club” where he played a man who had the HIV virus. However, unlike some of these actors, I have not been fortunate enough to see Katherine play any roles like these that would actually show up her acting ability. Instead, I constantly see her in romance movies where she plays very feminine characters with similar traits, and to me that is never a good sign. In my opinion, that can mean either one of two things. The first is that she doesn’t take her acting career seriously enough to take risks with it, and the other thing is that she really isn’t ...

• Katherine Heigl (actress)
      a very good actress.

As I mentioned several times she can be seen in various romantic comedies. I’m really not a fan of that genre, and so it’s very rare that I would be seen watching one of those unless there is a specific actor in it that I like, or I feel as if the plot might not be so bad after all. Katherine Heigl’s romance comedies almost never appeal to me for several reasons. On of the main ones is that she’s always supposed to be playing these charming feminine characters that the viewer is supposed to like, but I generally find her characters unbelievable annoying, unbearable or spoilt. Another one of these reasons is that her romantic comedies seem to be almost generic and predictable. I feel like most of the times when something with her in it is released, I can tell

just by watching the trailer exactly what will happen in the end. That’s never a good thing.

A few of Katherine Heigl’s movies are “The Ugly Truth”, “Knocked Up”, “One for the Money”, “Killers”, and “27 Dresses”. I also remember her from the popular teen television series “Roswell”, which was a hit back in the late nineteen nineties to early 2000s.

There is no character that she has played that has made an impression on me, but I can tell you what I think one of her worst roles was, and that was Stephanie Plum from “One for the Money”. I read the book years before the movie was even made and I truly hated everything about the movie including Katherine Heigl’s portrayal of Stephanie.

A lot of the romantic comedy fans I know seem to like her, so I would recommend her films to people who like romantic comedies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5218021626850228/k2311a0218/2.18.14